Last night.   Smoked salmon on cracker and crab and cilantro remoulade.  Then fios gras with raspberry coulis. Fillet of salmon and veggies.  Cheeses and fruit. The #2chef here trained with alain ducasse. 
nicepuilly  fouisses   Sorry about spelling. 

Smoked fish pie

Watercress salad with salt cured duck egg yolks, Sherry vinegar & Hazelnut oil vinaigrette 

2015 Bedrock Compagni Portis

Lamb loin chops. I love these, they are like little porterhouses but made out of lamb but the meat quality is more consistent with filet than strip.

Cassoulet

Last night of the culinary foundations cooking course I was taking. Came first in the class and was offered a stage at a couple of very good restaurants. 

robsutherland posted:

Cassoulet

Last night of the culinary foundations cooking course I was taking. Came first in the class and was offered a stage at a couple of very good restaurants. 

nice and congrats!

robsutherland posted:

Cassoulet

Congrats Rob. Thinking career change? 

mangiare posted:
robsutherland posted:

Cassoulet

No, I doubt it, but it was nice to hear a pretty good chef say "Rob you've got a real talent and an amazing palate. It would be a real shame not to see you do this professionally."

robsutherland posted:
mangiare posted:
robsutherland posted:

Cassoulet

No, I doubt it, but it was nice to hear a pretty good chef say "Rob you've got a real talent and an amazing palate. It would be a real shame not to see you do this professionally."

I've been saying that for years.

French toast with vanilla and orange extract batter, bourbon barrel maple syrup, chicken and apple sausage. Champagne washed it down.

Costco had some fresh monkfish and bought a package since I haven't had monkfish in recent memory.   I cooked it two ways - poached in butter and pan fried  then finished in the oven with a brown butter/shallot sauce.   The sauce was good, but the fish was underwhelming.  

Bought half a roast duck from the chinese bbq place near my house, a pack of steam buns and threw together some peking style duck steam buns. Really easy for a solid weeknight dinner.  2016 pearl morissette pinot jeunes vignes worked well.

Attachments

Photos (1)

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.