Ribs and brisket last night. Friends hosted a BBQ/whiskey themed evening. 

Original Post

Apparently chicken wings are big in America on Super Bowl Sunday.  I saw that it is estimated that 1.4 billion will consumed by Americans today. There are around 330 million Americans but about 10 million are vegetarians and about 3 million are two years old or younger.  So there are only around 317 million Americans who might eat chicken wings.

So that’s about 4.4 chicken wings per person.  Now some people don’t care for chicken.  Some are in the hospital and are unable to eat anything.

I like chicken and I like chicken wings.  But I think I consume no more than 20 chicken wings per year.  Ok, maybe 25. 

Anyway, a chicken has two wings. So to get 1.4 chicken wings it takes 700 million chickens. 

Is this a great country or what?

After an unhealthy night last night, we thankfully weren’t invited to any super bowl parties today. Grilled pork tenderloin with oven roasted potatoes and cauliflower.

Had a cauliflower pizza with anchovies, cheese, salsa, red pepper washed down with a 2013 carpineto vino Nobile di montpulciano riserva.  
life is good

irwin posted:

Had a cauliflower pizza with anchovies, cheese, salsa, red pepper washed down with a 2013 carpineto vino Nobile di montpulciano riserva.  
life is good

Pizza for us tonight as well. Regular crust though with onion, green pepper and sausage.

roast cauliflower, israeli couscous, walnuts, pomegrante, dill/mint/scallion with tahini/lemon/garlic & pomegranate molasses. With the rest of the catavela.

wineismylife posted:
doubled posted:

Cacio e Pepe at home.  I think I finally made a version just like the one in Rome.  

Such a simple dish, huh? 

Right?!  5 ingredients - egg yolks, pecorino romano, salt, pepper, pasta water.  I saw a cooking show where the chef mixed the cheese and yolks first.  I wasn't getting the right consistency.  So I just whisked the egg yolks then slowly added the hot pasta water.  Drained the pasta and poured the egg yolk mix.  Tossed it around and then added the cheese.

Last edited by doubled
flwino posted:

Corscican Duck, Mashed taters, Salad

This is the second time we’ve wound up posting something very similar back-to-back.      

Last edited by winetarelli

Last night, tomahawk ribeye with carrots and potatoes cooked in duck fat.  Paired with 2008 Larkmead Cab which was excellent as well.

Fried Zucchini flower          2017 Pietracupa Fiano di Avillino

Scialatielli pasta with clams & shrimp in light sauce  217 Pietracupa Greco di Tufo

Griiled lamb chops with garlic, rosemary, & baby gold potatoes   2018 Pietracupa Taurasi

White nougat candy with pistachios and almonds      Cello's

sous vide/BBQ finish rib steak, duck stock/rosemary polenta, sauteed king oyster mushrooms, black truffle, balsamic reduction.

kohlrabi /watercress/raddicihio w. balsamic vinaigrette.

2010 H. Boillot Chassagne-Montrachet, 1996 Domaine de Chevalier, 1995 Fonseca Guimarens for dessert.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.