2006 Thomas Pinot Noir Dundee Hills

Served last night with Baked Chicken & Stuffing Casserole.  Tasted note posted on CellarTracker and blogged.

2015 Casa alle Vacche Crocus - never had an older Vernaccia di San Gimignano. Really elegant wine that could pass as a 1er Cru Chablis. 

2015 Marzocco Pretale - excellent wine from an estate that has sold their grapes since 1870. First vintage for the current generation. 

Lovely wine night:

2014 Jones family ( stunning)

2012 Brand (also stunning)

2016 Odette

2016 Stone the Crows

2016 Dakota Shy

and a few others...

2014 Peter Michael Sauvignon Blanc L'Apres-Midi
2014 Domaine Lafage Cuvée Centenaire
2016 Bedrock Wine Co. Sauvignon Blanc Judge Family Vineyard

The Bedrock Judge was a shock to the system after the Peter Michael and Lafage, both with nice floral and tropical notes, while the Judge was straight cat pee and grass. 

napacat posted:
doubled posted:

1969 DRC Ezchezeaux with g-man and sarbuze.

Would love to hear the tasting note on this.

Not much to write about.  It was like drinking flat cola.  It looked like it too.  I was disappointed.  I thought it would have a bit more fruit and acidity.  Provenance was unknown (“gentleman collector from the northeast” as the auction house likes to say in its catalog).  No signs of past seepage.  The label was in bad shape.   Cork came out in one piece - thanks to g-man.  In short,  save your money and buy Bordeaux instead if you want a really old bottle.

NV Veuve Ambal Crémant de Bourgogne Grande Cuvee Brut Rose

Tasted at an offline.  Tasting note posted on CellarTracker and blogged.

2006 Le Vieux Donjon Châteauneuf-du-Pape

Brought last night to a birthday party for a fellow wino.  Tasting note posted on CellarTracker and blogged.

2013 Melville Viogner 

2008 Stefania Cabernet Sauvignon Santa Cruz - my last bottle. With air it took on a round, fruity Bordeaux profile. Nice, but perhaps ready to begin a decline.

1974 BV Georges de Latour Private Reserve - sadly way over the hill. A fun treat to try though. Dan’s birth year.

mangiare posted:
steve8 posted:

Recently, that I can recall

2016 Stags' Leap Winery, Petit Sirah (still looking for that 'wow" I got from the 1994 way back when)

2018 JC Wickens, Chenin Blanc, Swerwer

2007 Ruffino, Modus (corked)

2007 Petrolo, IGT, Torrione

2014 Louis Michel, Chablis, Butteaux

I also had a glass of a red from an Umbrian producer I'd never heard of before. Paolo Bea.  I since checked their website and I'm not sure which wine it was but it was a 2013 sangiovese/sagrantino blend and it was outstanding. I need to keep my eyes open for some of these wines.

Steve8, Paolo Bea is a BUY. 
Prices have shot up and availability is scarce but they’re unique and very tasty.  

Paolo Bea Sagrantino Pagliaro is one of my two favorite “affordable” red wines in the world. (The other, also imported by Neal Rosenthal, is Bernard Levet La Chavaroche.). Young examples need about 3 hours in a decanter to show their stuff — they change from burly brutes to red versions of Rhone Roussanne. 

doubled posted:
napacat posted:
doubled posted:

1969 DRC Ezchezeaux with g-man and sarbuze.

Would love to hear the tasting note on this.

Not much to write about.  It was like drinking flat cola.  It looked like it too.  I was disappointed.  I thought it would have a bit more fruit and acidity.  Provenance was unknown (“gentleman collector from the northeast” as the auction house likes to say in its catalog).  No signs of past seepage.  The label was in bad shape.   Cork came out in one piece - thanks to g-man.  In short,  save your money and buy Bordeaux instead if you want a really old bottle.

Thanks...

With good and dear friends in Toronto( you know who you are) we had

1995 Fleury blanc des blancs Champagne 

2008 Pinson Chablis le Clos

1964 Tondonia Gran reserva rioja( nose was great but palate a little fatigued)

2006 Ornellaia Bolgheri 

2004 Domaine du Pegau Cuvee Laurence

2004 Smith Haut Laffitte pessac Leognan red

1982 Bonnezeaux Domaine des petits Quarts Godineau

Last edited by mimik

1962 Chateau Canon - very little bricking and very much alive. A nice expression of aged Bordeaux. Celebrated my wife’s birthday tonight. 

Attachments

Images (1)

2002 D'Arenberg, Dead Arm

2010 Domaine Santa Duc, Gigondas, Tradition

2013 M. Chapoutier, Cotes du Roussillon, Bila Haut, Occultum Lapidem

2014 Rust En Vrede, Syrah

steve8 posted:
mimik posted:

2006 Ornellaia Bolgheri

How was this drinking?

Very well. I brought the bottle. It could use at least 3 more years but with a small decant, quite approachable. When you open yours, call me over. I’ll bring the corkscrew.

2015 Domaine Bachelet-Ramonet Chassagne-Montrachet 1er Cru Clos de la Boudriotte Rouge

Tasted at an offline.  Tasting note posted on CellarTracker and blogged.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.