2018 Alaine Jaume & Fils Reserve Rose. For an early afternoon snack of hummus, chips, veggies and Manchego.

Original Post

Two very nice Pinot Noirs from Meyer Family Vineyard in Okanagan

• 2011 McLean Creek Vineyard
  • 2014 McLean Creek Vineyard Micro Cuvée

over the weekend....

2008 Quinta do Vallado Touriga Nacional Douro - Menh.  

2013 Domaine de L'Ecu Muscadet 'Granite' - Forgot I had this, found it digging throught the cellar and decided to give it a shot.  When young, this was a super-acid driven wet rocks in a bottle kind of muscadet.  A couple of years on and it has gained textural weight, taken on a bit of a buttersctch note similar to aged chablis, and the nose has taken on notes of washed rind cheese.  What a transformation.  Really enjoyed it and makes me hope I've lost a few more of them.

2016 Mullineux Syrah

2015 Benoit Roseau Vin de Pays des Collines Rhodaniennes Cuvée de Rosette

Both the above with braised lamb shanks.  Both good. The Mullineux was more fruit forward, the Roseau was the more savoury, briny of the two.  

2015 Domaine Glinavos Vlahiko.  Medium body, tart, lots of herbal notes.  Nice.

1990 DRC La Tache
1993 DRC La Tache
2002 DRC La Tache (magnum)
2014 DRC Montrachet

Fine time this past week in SoCal with some friends, including long-lost WS forumite gkapoor. 

2015 Patricia Green Cellars Pinot Noir Wadensvil Block Olenik Vineyard

Tasted at an offline. Tasting note posted on CellarTracker and blogged.

2006 Switchback Ridge Cabernet Sauvignon Peterson Family Vineyard

Served last night with a thick cut rib-eye. Tasting note posted on CellarTracker and blogged.

2014 Maison Harbour Gevrey-Chambertin 1er Cru Combe au Moine

2016 San Felice Chianti Classico. Nice with two hours in a decanter, and better with food at this point. I have to try and give these two more years.

2010 Querce Bettina RdM.  Seepage up both sides of the cork, wine was browning, and advanced for its age.   Based on my experience with these leaky corks across a number of vintages and bottlings I'm done buying QB until they can get the cork issue sorted out.

sunnylea57 posted:

Crap. I've got a bunch of the 2010 QB BdM in case storage. Might need to pull that case soon.

Coincidentally, we had a bottle of 2010 Querce Bettina Brunello with a pasta dinner this evening.  No problem with the cork but wine was pretty unexceptional.

2001 Serpico - just a beast of a wine that I grew to enjoy over 5 hours. Initially thought it was too big and mouth coating but the acidity balances the fruit which actually became very pretty after a few hours. 

I got a 2017 Treana Paso Robles Cabernet from Costco for around twenty bucks and I'm surprised how much I liked it. Very balanced.

Last edited by The Old Man

2001 Casanova di Neri Brunello di Montalcino Tenuta Nuova

We went to dinner with Mr. & Mrs. Allred at Claudia in Chicago on Saturday night and had the following with the ten course tasting menu:

1996 Billecart-Salmon Champagne Grande Cuvée
1998 Krug Vintage Brut
2010 Domaine / Maison Vincent Girardin Corton-Charlemagne
2011 Louis Latour Corton-Charlemagne
2008 Peter Michael Chardonnay Cuvee Indigene
1998 Domaine Trapet (Jean et Jean-Louis) Chapelle-Chambertin
2001 Gros Frère et Sœur Clos Vougeot Musigni
1998 Château de Beaucastel Châteauneuf-du-Pape
2001 Château Rieussec

If this wasn't the best dinner I've ever had, it was certainly in the conversation. 

Last edited by thelostverse
thelostverse posted:

We went to dinner with Mr. & Mrs. Allred at Claudia in Chicago on Saturday night and had the following with the ten course tasting menu:

1998 Krug Vintage Brut
2001 Château Rieussec

If this wasn't the best dinner I've ever had, it was certainly in the conversation. 

Wow on the wines. And also the endurance of Allred’s liver. 

thelostverse posted:

1998 Krug Vintage Brut
2001 Château Rieussec

Nice!

mangiare posted:

NV Krug - Holy Richness! almost too much imo

2001 Saffredi
2004 Valdicava BDM 

Nice selection!  How were the other two?

Saffredi was very fresh which is not a descriptor I would usually use for this wine. No sign of delcine and in a great spot.

The brunello needs 3-4 hours to open but also delicious with time. 

vinoevelo posted:

2010 Querce Bettina RdM.  Seepage up both sides of the cork, wine was browning, and advanced for its age.   Based on my experience with these leaky corks across a number of vintages and bottlings I'm done buying QB until they can get the cork issue sorted out.

Just wanted everyone who is a fan of Querce Bettina that I am currently in Italy and met with Roberto on Sunday. I brought this to his attention and he acknowledged that there was a problem with some corks From 2009 through the  2012 vintage. As soon as he realized the problem he switched cork suppliers and beginning with the 2013 vintage there have been very few if any cork issues. He asked me to apologize for these issues. It did not affect all bottling but seemed to hit Canada in-proportionately.  

BTW, the 2015 and 2016 BdM are fantastic and if you haven’t tasted the 2016 RdM you are missing out. IMO , 2016 (both RdM and BdM) may be his best. Right up there with the ‘04 and ‘06.  

Last edited by longboarder

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.