February 2013: What are you drinking?

quote:
Originally posted by Shaferguy91:
2007 Marcassin Chardonnay Three Sisters Vineyard
1997 Shafer Cabernet Sauvignon Hillside Select-absolutely terrific. Best bottle of wine that I have had in a long time-SG98
Listen now, you need to make sure you save one of the 1997 HS's to share with our group. Don't be drinking all of them Smile Seriously, has to be a good wine for you to warrant a 98 point score. Glad it showed well for you.
Sant'Elena Ros di Rol: A little Bordeaux-ish on the nose and palate, but a little lean on the fruit giving way for the acidity to stand out a bit too much for me. Served with burgers and a decent match. I believe this is a bit passed prime and if you have any and decide to open, be sure to finish the bottle cause I don't think it will be very giving on night two.
quote:
Originally posted by Board-O:
quote:
Originally posted by marcb7:
1990 Haut Brion


Well? Don't leave us hanging? Smile



The best 90' HB I have had yet Board-O. The last one was off a bit I think. Still improving IMO...Not as good as the 89' but a point or 2 behind.

Haut Brion is excellent typically in off years and even better in great years. My favorite 1st growth because of this.
Last Saturday night with Allred, VM, Anwar and our wives:

N.V. Henriot Champagne Brut Souverain
2010 Tessari Soave Classico Grisela
2001 M. Chapoutier Hermitage Blanc Chante-Alouette
2008 Domaine Thierry Laffay Chablis 1er Cru Vaillons
1999 Castello Banfi Brunello di Montalcino
2003 Les Caves de la Colombe Gevrey-Chambertin Les Champerrieres
2004 Bonaccorsi Pinot Noir Cargasacchi Vineyard
2010 WesMar Pinot Noir Oehlman Vineyard
2009 Château Doisy-Védrines
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
Wine Doc & JAR, list the wines were enjoyed last night.

The two I ordered,

NV Jean Milan Cuvee de Reserve
2007 Royal Tokaji Red Label (500ML)


Indeed a great evening of fine company, food, and drink at Houston's Vic and Anthony's.

NV Jean Milan Cuvee de Reserve

2003 Domaine Dujac Morey-Saint-Denis White Burgundy

2002 Vincent Girardin Chambertin Grand Cru Red Burgundy

2007 Royal Tokaji Red Label (500ML)

Greatly enjoyed the wine and the great conversation!
quote:
Originally posted by thelostverse:
Last Saturday night with Allred, VM, Anwar and our wives:

1999 Castello Banfi Brunello di Montalcino

Curious how you found this wine. I gave up on it after 10 years and sold off all my bottles but always wondered what would happen over the long term.
With MiamiAtty and his wife last night - all France line-up:

NV Roses de Jeanne / Cédric Bouchard Champagne Inflorescence Blanc de Noirs
2008 Clos du Moulin aux Moines Auxey-Duresses
2002 Ch. Haut-Brion
2005 Carmes de Rieussec

All showed well, nice Tuesday. The Bouchard was FKG and my wine of the night. Really good.
quote:
Originally posted by Jcocktosten:
With MiamiAtty and his wife last night - all France line-up:

NV Roses de Jeanne / Cédric Bouchard Champagne Inflorescence Blanc de Noirs
2008 Clos du Moulin aux Moines Auxey-Duresses
2002 Ch. Haut-Brion
2005 Carmes de Rieussec

All showed well, nice Tuesday. The Bouchard was FKG and my wine of the night. Really good.


well done, kids. well done.
quote:
Originally posted by Wine doc:


Indeed a great evening of fine company, food, and drink.

NV Jean Milan Cuvee de Reserve

2003 Domaine Dujac Morey-Saint-Denis White Burgundy

2002 Vincent Girardin Chambertin Grand Cru Red Burgundy

2007 Royal Tokaji Red Label (500ML)

Greatly enjoyed the wine and the great conversation!


Enjoyed the evening as well.
Went to our local Japanese restaurant last night. Tuesdays is "half-off" bottles of wine night. I was hoping to repeat the 1/2-off price of the Roederer NV which was on the list at $60.

Alas, all good things must come to an end. The Roederer is out of stock, and they do not intend to continue it. Frown
We had to settle for a 2005 Domaine Carneros, and a 2010 Cakebread Chard. The Domaine Carneros was pretty good, not to the level of Roederer, but better than expected. The Cakebread was fruity, oaky, buttery, typical California Chard.
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
quote:
Originally posted by Wine doc:


Indeed a great evening of fine company, food, and drink.

NV Jean Milan Cuvee de Reserve

2003 Domaine Dujac Morey-Saint-Denis White Burgundy

2002 Vincent Girardin Chambertin Grand Cru Red Burgundy

2007 Royal Tokaji Red Label (500ML)

Greatly enjoyed the wine and the great conversation!


Enjoyed the evening as well.


It always a pleasure seeing both of you. It was a very enjoyable evening.

Nolan: you and Angela were missed!
Last night with Darcy and VinT:

2011 Domaine La Roquete Chateauneuf-du-Pape Blanc Clos La Roquete
2010 Sottimano Barbera d'Alba Pairolero
2010 Abbona Barbera d'Alba Rinaldi
1998 Torres Cabernet Sauvignon Mas La Plana
2003 Masciarelli Montepulciano d'Abruzzo Riserva Villa Gemma

I made a bunch of pizzas using dough from '00' flour to go with:

Hot Italian sausage, rapini, mozzarella, olive oil
Roasted fennel, arugula, mozzarella di bufala, lemon zest, shaved Parmigiano-Reggiano, olive oil
Csabai, mushrooms, Cerignola olives, mozzarella, homemade tomato sauce

Pretty awesome Wednesday night.
quote:
Originally posted by futronic:
Last night with Darcy and VinT:

2011 Domaine La Roquete Chateauneuf-du-Pape Blanc Clos La Roquete
2010 Sottimano Barbera d'Alba Pairolero
2010 Abbona Barbera d'Alba Rinaldi
1998 Torres Cabernet Sauvignon Mas La Plana
2003 Masciarelli Montepulciano d'Abruzzo Riserva Villa Gemma

I made a bunch of pizzas using dough from '00' flour to go with:

Hot Italian sausage, rapini, mozzarella, olive oil
Roasted fennel, arugula, mozzarella di bufala, lemon zest, shaved Parmigiano-Reggiano, olive oil
Csabai, mushrooms, Cerignola olives, mozzarella, homemade tomato sauce

Pretty awesome Wednesday night.


Best pizza I've ever experienced. Bravo, fut.

I was really struck by how very drinkable the Abbona Barbera was. The La Roquete white CdP was also very nice with that brilliant aroma of burnt sugar and tropical fruit but finishing dry.

I can't wait for the grand opening of Futronic Pizzaria.
quote:
Originally posted by dzitt:
2003 Guigal St-Joseph.

Not as good as previous bottles...


Could be the vintage rearing it's early aging head. I had 2003 Vincent Paris Cornas (Granit 30 and Granit 60)- dead in 2012 (delicious in 2010). Last week I had a 2003 Yves Gangloff Cote Rotie La Barbarine - dark, medicinal, cooked - done.

Add Reply

Likes (0)
×
×
×
×