February 2013: What are you drinking?

quote:
Originally posted by PurpleHaze:
First wines in the last 15 days....

All from 375

Krug NV - Found bottle in the back of the cellar. Probably purchased 5-6 years ago. Really, really nice. Some vintage quality characteristics. I've never aged NV Krug but this makes me think of trying a few bottles.

2005 Schloss Llieser Niederberg Helden Auslese - Ridiculously good with seared scallops.

2000 Pavillon Rouge - Even better than from 750 a little while back. I really like this wine right now. Grilled lamb chops.

2005 Baumard QdC - Very nice with some mango cheesecake. Probably even better alone. My only screwcap wine of the night. Banana

Good to be back in the saddle.....

PH

Cleansing? Or Flu?

PH, you and I had a 'trade' awhile back and included was a split of 00' Pavillon Rouge. Would you recommend opening now or waiting a bit longer? It is my only bottle.

Glad to see you are back on the horse.
quote:
Originally posted by marcb7:
Cleansing? Or Flu?

Neither. Too much work.

PH, you and I had a 'trade' awhile back and included was a split of 00' Pavillon Rouge. Would you recommend opening now or waiting a bit longer? It is my only bottle.

I was actually going to e-mail you about this last night, but got "distracted" after dinner. I'd drink it. It's in a nice place right now with just a little air. If you think you'd like to try another with a little more age on it, I'm sure we can work something out!

PH
I make a bacon infused bourbon, maple syrup Manhattan. And I still call it a Manhattan.

My drink. I call it a Manhattan. Now if you ask me for an old fashioned Manhattan, I'll make you one with crown royal and vermouth, but mine is still a Manhattan (and really bloody good).
quote:
Originally posted by NolanE:
But it's not my sazerac, it's the sazerac.

if i'm ever drunk enough to pick up that nasty buffalo trace rye whiskey, then I'll call be sure to call it the sazerac. Otherwise it's g-man's sazerac in the mean time.
2001 Chassagne-Montrachet Chenevottes, Marc Morey, France
2001 Jurancon Cuvėe Savin, Domaine Bordenave, France
2004 Graacher Domprobst Spätlese trocken, Markus Molitor, Germany
2005 Machtum Ongkaf Gewürztraminer moelleux, Domaines de Vinsmoselle, Luxembourg

2003 Margaux Chateau Labėgorce, France
2003 Barbera d'Alba Bricco dei Merli, Cogno, Italy
2004 Cabernet, Sebastiani (Super-Bowl wine Smile ), USA
2007 Shiraz Oak Reserve, Don Cristobal, Argentina
2009 Rasteau CdR Villages, Domaine la Soumade, France
quote:
2001 Palmaz Cabernet

What did you think of this?
It was the last vintage made by Randy Dunn and the style since '01 has been markedly different.
I actually prefer the wines from '02 on and when you go back and taste the '01, it is a completely different wine from current day Palmaz.
quote:
Originally posted by Bordeaux4Wino:
quote:
2001 Palmaz Cabernet

What did you think of this?
It was the last vintage made by Randy Dunn and the style since '01 has been markedly different.
I actually prefer the wines from '02 on and when you go back and taste the '01, it is a completely different wine from current day Palmaz.

Did not think much of it just a solid california cab. My first time trying Palmaz wines so I can't tell if the style has changed.

The owner however is a remarkable scientist, inventor, entrepreneur who is credited with the invention of the stents used to treat aneurysms and other vascular problems including coronary artery disease.
Wine group will be getting together tomorrow night at my place. Serving cheeses and bread, crabbed-stull mushrooms, pork roast in mushroom sauce, egg noodles, and green beans, bacon and onions. Unless any last minute changes, wines will be:

2004 Wittmann Westhofener Morstein Riesling Spatlese
2003 Robert Jayer-Gilles Bourgogne Haut Cotes de Beaune
2005 Pali Wine Co. Cargasacchi Jalama Vineyard Pinot Noir
2005 MacPhail, Sonoma Coast, Pratt Vineyard Pinot Noir (MAGNUM)
2008 Torii Mor Willamette Valley
2008 Bergstrom Cumberland Reserve

Add Reply

Likes (0)