February 2013 - What are you buying?

quote:
Originally posted by DoktaP:
quote:
2010 Donjon Chateauneuf

Yeah, I know all about it. I bought a case!

I bought quite a few as well. Sampled the wine on two occasions (from SAQ Kirkland winestation machine) and it was quite enjoyable. I don't think the 2010 will take 15 years.
quote:
Originally posted by Uncle John:
quote:
Originally posted by DoktaP:
quote:
2010 Donjon Chateauneuf

Yeah, I know all about it. I bought a case!

I bought quite a few as well. Sampled the wine on two occasions (from SAQ Kirkland winestation machine) and it was quite enjoyable. I don't think the 2010 will take 15 years.

Haven't been fast enough to grab some. Hopefully for me, there's plenty of wine to buy !
My 2009 Bdx finally showed up to LCBO. I almost forgot about paying the balance and missed the payment due date by two weeks. They told me I was lucky they didn't cancel the order. Apparently they can do that and just send you a refund cheque for the balance. Phew!
- 2004 Henri Goutorbe Champagne Special Club
- 2005 Pierre Gimonnet Champagne Special Club X2
- NV Lenoble Champagne Cuvee Les Adventures Blanc de Blancs
- 2001 Fritz Haag Brauneberger Riesling Juffer Sonnenuhr Auslese Goldkapsel #12 X2
- 2006 Marcassin Pinot Noir Marcassin Estate

I am very excited to have been able to source these wines, but especially so for the Fritz Haag Riesling. I've been extremely impressed with all of his 2001's, maybe 6 or 7 different bottlings but none at this level. I can hardly wait to try one, but won't see them until mid-March!

Is it possible that I ought to seek help? Smile
quote:
Originally posted by billhike:
3 x 2010 Saint Cosme Gigondas Cuvee Valbelle

TCWC? I've been contemplating the exact same purchase. Seems like a good price for a pretty consistently well scored wine in an area I'd like to try more of...which also happens to be the birth year of my first daughter. I also may grab a couple of their regular Gigondas from that year, which I found somewhere nearby.
quote:
Originally posted by Wine Sparty:
quote:
Originally posted by billhike:
3 x 2010 Saint Cosme Gigondas Cuvee Valbelle

TCWC? I've been contemplating the exact same purchase. Seems like a good price for a pretty consistently well scored wine in an area I'd like to try more of...which also happens to be the birth year of my first daughter. I also may grab a couple of their regular Gigondas from that year, which I found somewhere nearby.

Yep, TCWC. A couple of months ago they ofered the regular 2010 Gigondas for I think $28.95, and I ordered four. They are offering it again, but for a few bucks higher.
quote:
Originally posted by Danyull:
quote:
Originally posted by Shane T.:
(2) 2006 Lynch Bages @ $65

(2) 2008 Ramey Chardonnay Carneros @ $20

Where can I find such deals? Big fan of Lynch Bages.

It's funny, as I just posted about Bevmo being a crappy place to buy nice wine. Low & behold, one of the stores (not the one I posted about) was having some sort of "End of the Year Clearance Sale" (Kind of strange, seeing as we're half way through Feb!). Anyways, this was the best deal I saw, so I bought all they had...2 bottles. They also had quite a few '07's that I passed on (Montrose @ $55, Pichon Lalande @ $75, among others).
quote:
Originally posted by dzitt:
A bran new set of tires for my car. One almost blew up and can't only change one Bang 2 Cents

Brake Job
brake fluid flush
Oil Change
thermostat replacement
Coolant Flush
2 new tie rods
Alignment

....should have just bought a new car, but with a 6 month old set of tires and recently rebuilt trans, might as well drive it for another year
Was lucky enough to have this in my order from the Rhone offer from the SAQ:

0 2010 Rostaing Côte Rôtie(Côte Blonde et Landonne)
0 2010 Charvin Chateauneuf-du-Pape
0 2006 Fonsalette
0 2010 Alain Graillot Crozes

I am not in the position to pay for my tires Ack
2010 Bridlewood Estate Winery Chardonnay

2010 Viña Cono Sur Pinot Noir Visión

2010 Marchesi de' Frescobaldi Tenuta di Castiglioni Toscana IGT

2009 Domaine de Gournier Chardonnay Vin de Pays des Cévennes

2009 E. Guigal Côtes du Rhône

2010 Viña Maipo Carmenère-Cabernet Sauvignon
quote:
Originally posted by mangiare:
2010 Leoville Barton
2010 Trotanoy
2010 LLC

Ya - I buckled

Ok, so how were they? I had mixed feelings about 2010 after the UGC - so tannic, so much dark fruit(left bank). I did like the Leoville Barton though.

So... how were they?

Add Reply

Likes (0)