Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by xhoser:
quote:
Originally posted by davec:
2005 Bond Matriarch - still young, old world style. Opens up with time.

Thanks for taking one for the team. I've got 3 resting and was wondering when to pop the cork on one. I guess I'll wait a little longer based on your review.

This was our first Matriarch. Will probably finish the bottle tomorrow or the next day, and will report back. Probably needs 2-3 years. Wanted to verify before ordering the '07. We're in. Might get two 3 packs.

We started planning our 2011 purchases, which we hope to get down to less than we drink in a year, and as little as half. With offers starting, we have to compare to be more selective, and be prepared to put in our orders early. We don't want to miss out on offers like the 47 minute Schrader offer. Wish us luck.

We started drinking our expected favorites to see from whom we wish to purchase. So far, in the last week or so, in addition to the Matriarch, we have also tried and added the maker to our list:
Lamborn - '05 Howell Mountain Cab
Paratus - '06 Mount Veeder Cab
Myriad - '08 Beckstoffer Dr Crane Cab
All 3 much more Cali Cab style.
Last edited by simonb
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by davec:
2005 Bond Matriarch - still young, old world style. Opens up with time.

Dave,

Thanks for taking one for the team. I've got 3 resting and was wondering when to pop the cork on one. I guess I'll wait a little longer based on your review.

I opened one about 6 months ago, and I gotta say, Dave is spot on. the wine is truly fantastic, but I won't touch my other 2 bottles for at least another 3 years. And i prefer my CA cabs with a bit of age, so I'm probably looking more at 2016+.
quote:
2009 Domaine D'Andezon Cote du Rhone - really nice wine, especially for $10! Just released. Great mouthfeel and balance on this pop and pour wine!

I too enjoyed this last night. Improved a little during the evening. Enjoyed with mushroom & spinach pizza with salad. I paid a little more - $13 from my LWS.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.