Feast of Seven (or more) fishes

Alrighty,

got a little over one month to prep,

but I'd love a variety of different wines to serve with and I hate the fact that the piss poor suggestions I get with chinese dishes realy just equate to some crappy sweet reisling or another.

So,

here's the dishes, what would you guys suggest =)

As with price range , go nuts, I'm curious to see suggestions/pairings with every dish.

Apps:
sushi platter
clams casino
fried calamari
grilled octopus

Entrees:

lobster risotto
chinese pan fried flouder
singapore fish <-- I dont' care I'm serving a colheita here
seafood & sausage paella (mussels, squid, shrimp)
linguine & mussels
baked salmon
baccala bouillabaisse

oh and if anyone wants to swing by NY ;-)
Original Post
Pretty impressive and ambitious menu g-man. If my other plans don't work out, I can bring the lobster with the risotto. You may want to rethink some of the dishes since they require to be cooked on the stove. It will be a logistical nightmare unless you plan on having caterers prepare them outside your home.

BTW, I've always wanted to do a salt-baked cod. It seems fairly easy to prepare. You just need a decent fishmonger to source the cod.
quote:
Originally posted by DoubleD:
Pretty impressive and ambitious menu g-man. If my other plans don't work out, I can bring the lobster with the risotto. You may want to rethink some of the dishes since they require to be cooked on the stove. It will be a logistical nightmare unless you plan on having caterers prepare them outside your home.

BTW, I've always wanted to do a salt-baked cod. It seems fairly easy to prepare. You just need a decent fishmonger to source the cod.


what's teh point of salting and baking my own cod when i can goto one of many portugese shops near my house and just get a properly prepared baccalau?
quote:
Originally posted by g-man:
BTW, I've always wanted to do a salt-baked cod. It seems fairly easy to prepare. You just need a decent fishmonger to source the cod.


what's teh point of salting and baking my own cod when i can goto one of many portugese shops near my house and just get a properly prepared baccalau?[/QUOTE]
They are two different preparations. Bacalao is dried salted cod that you rehydrate to create a dish.
quote:
Originally posted by g-man:
Apps:
sushi platter
clams casino
fried calamari
grilled octopus

Entrees:

lobster risotto
chinese pan fried flouder
singapore fish <-- I dont' care I'm serving a colheita here
seafood & sausage paella (mussels, squid, shrimp)
linguine & mussels
baked salmon
baccala bouillabaisse

oh and if anyone wants to swing by NY ;-)


Not a huge eater of seafood, but I could find plenty to like on this menu! Looks like a no-brainer for a Champagne fest for me.

What's the prep/sauce for the Singapore fish, g-man? Colheita?? Really??? Oh, yeah.... never mind! Wink

PH
quote:
Originally posted by Rob_Sutherland:
Champagne until the Singapore fish for sure.

I would put the linguine and salmon together with a Beaucastel VV and the paella and bouillabaisse together at the end and do a Tavel Rose.


really?

a rose from rhone with paella and bouillabaisse?
quote:
Originally posted by g-man:
quote:
Originally posted by Rob_Sutherland:
Champagne until the Singapore fish for sure.

I would put the linguine and salmon together with a Beaucastel VV and the paella and bouillabaisse together at the end and do a Tavel Rose.


really?

a rose from rhone with paella and bouillabaisse?


Try something different - Spanish, like a champers, and still a rose
Segura Viudas Brut RosÉ
Juve Y Camps Rose Brut Cava Rose WineRaventos I Rose de Nit Cava Penedes
quote:
Originally posted by g-man:
quote:
Originally posted by Rob_Sutherland:
Champagne until the Singapore fish for sure.

I would put the linguine and salmon together with a Beaucastel VV and the paella and bouillabaisse together at the end and do a Tavel Rose.


really?

a rose from rhone with paella and bouillabaisse?


A Dry, fully bodied rose goes amazingly well with both of those. I just threw out Tavel... Tavel, Bandol or anything not as fruit forward with less body than most reds and more body than most whites...

Add Reply

Likes (0)
×
×
×
×