I found an unopened package of Malaysian curry powder in my pantry on the weekend. The best before date says 2002. The ingredients list consists only of dry spices, and I don't imagine any of them being particularly perishable. No evidence of mold as far as I can see through the plastic.

Seems a shame to waste it. Any ideas?
Original Post
I doubt that it is spoiled, but probably the flavors will be muted. So if you want a more mild curry flavor with something it might not be a bad idea. Personally I might mix in a little new spice, like cayenne, other curry powder, cinnamon,
. . .only if you slather it on fugu pufferfish entrails, strychnine-laced Iraqi dog, or castor bean casserole.
quote:
Originally posted by MJAlbers:
This is a joke right? A package of "curry powder" or some other herb you forgot about and happily found again in your pantry? Go ahead and smoke it!

No, seriously. I just hate wasting stuff. However, after much thought I think I'm just going to chuck it. Sigh...
If you have a pet in the house, feed it to him first and see if there are any adverse reactions.

If you don't have a pet, use a neighbor's.
quote:
Originally posted by Rothko:
If you have a pet in the house, feed it to him first and see if there are any adverse reactions.

If you don't have a pet, use a neighbor's.

And if it makes your pet smell oh so delicious...

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.