vinoevelo posted:

Le Crueset dutch oven.  soups, stews, browning meats, as a cloche for baking bread. on the stove, in the oven, in the BGE....  without a doubt the most important tool in my kitchen.  And they last forever.  

Absolutely!

mangiare posted:

fly fishing in the flats (or almost any type of fishing for that matter) and cigars

While I’m more of the occasional cigar enthusiasts ( my pleasure is the conversation while enjoying the cigar) a fine cigar lighter or true cigar wood matches are a must IMO. 

wineart 2 posted:
mangiare posted:

fly fishing in the flats (or almost any type of fishing for that matter) and cigars

While I’m more of the occasional cigar enthusiasts ( my pleasure is the conversation while enjoying the cigar) a fine cigar lighter or true cigar wood matches are a must IMO. 

absolutely agree. I probably only smoke 20-25 cigars a year however it's all about the camaraderie.  

mangiare posted:

our pizza oven - it always puts a smile on my face

your pizza oven always puts a smile on face as well.... fwiw... 

vinoevelo posted:
mangiare posted:

your pizza oven always puts a smile on face as well.... fwiw... 

+1

Actually your entire kitchen... aw hell... your entire home puts a smile on my face.

mangiare posted:

your pizza oven puts a smile on my face too

For me, my carbon steel 10" chef's knife, my Big Green Egg, and my well-seasoned cast iron skillet.  

My Bike - Saves me from the hell that is the TTC commute.  Energizes me before work and helps to blow off the steam at the end of a day.

My Skis - Make long winters seem way too short.

My Primo Smoker - Smoking, grilling, pizza, etc.  Nothing like a day on the patio tending to it.

jburman82 posted:

New Balance sneakers. I have wide feet and nothing else really fits for my work or exercise shoes.

I do as well and used to but switched to Asics. Give them a try. You may like them also

mangiare posted:

Take a friggin bow. That is awesome. Would be an essential of mine, too. 

bomba503 posted:
jburman82 posted:

New Balance sneakers. I have wide feet and nothing else really fits for my work or exercise shoes.

I do as well and used to but switched to Asics. Give them a try. You may like them also

Should have mentioned my ASICS tennis shoes - switched from Nike - what a difference.

Great thread, I’ll add a guitar.  My Taylor 310ce but I take my beater, a 25 year old Takamine that still sounds fantastic on the road and anywhere.

Also, rounded pin tri-fins.  While I infrequently surf (I still surf, that is the main thing), this is a superior configuration.

i have to admit, my credit card is essential.  I think I burned a hole in it this holiday.

Btw whats up walking into a Hermes store and not getting help until you out loud ask to see one of their special release scarves.  Does one have to make a special effort to dress up just to go shopping?

wineart 2 posted:

The topic is NOT intended to be a serious topic, just a fun topic about our lifestyles.

I've been in the country a few years now and it shows.  The first thing I thought of were my high tech work boots, and Forestry Supply Camo pants.  Really the pants I couldn't live without now.  

A burn barrel and propane heater.  'Entertaining' is almost all outside now.

The garage / beer fridge, although last Friday I heard: "Ok it's time for us to go home you're drinking Coors Light out of a can".

I love my Deere mower and my back pack blower.  That sounds stupid, but the combo together probably saves me 100-150 hours of work a year at minimum.  That's 150 hours of burn barrel and beer time. 

Easy number one though is the neighbors.  In San Jose we visited with neighbors maybe once a month.  Now it seems like it's 4-5 days a week we're doing something social.  Being in a small town helps with that also.  There's always someone at the restaurant or bar we know.

g-man posted:

Btw whats up walking into a Hermes store and not getting help until you out loud ask to see one of their special release scarves.

The horror.

Last edited by The Old Man
The Old Man posted:
g-man posted:

Btw whats up walking into a Hermes store and not getting help until you out loud ask to see one of their special release scarves.

The horror.

i mean, that's the point right?

g-man posted:
The Old Man posted:
g-man posted:

The horror.

i mean, that's the point right?

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.