Essentials: What in Your Life?

mangiare posted:

fly fishing in the flats (or almost any type of fishing for that matter) and cigars

While I’m more of the occasional cigar enthusiasts ( my pleasure is the conversation while enjoying the cigar) a fine cigar lighter or true cigar wood matches are a must IMO. 

wineart 2 posted:
mangiare posted:

fly fishing in the flats (or almost any type of fishing for that matter) and cigars

While I’m more of the occasional cigar enthusiasts ( my pleasure is the conversation while enjoying the cigar) a fine cigar lighter or true cigar wood matches are a must IMO. 

absolutely agree. I probably only smoke 20-25 cigars a year however it's all about the camaraderie.  

My Bike - Saves me from the hell that is the TTC commute.  Energizes me before work and helps to blow off the steam at the end of a day.

My Skis - Make long winters seem way too short.

My Primo Smoker - Smoking, grilling, pizza, etc.  Nothing like a day on the patio tending to it.

bomba503 posted:
jburman82 posted:

New Balance sneakers. I have wide feet and nothing else really fits for my work or exercise shoes.

I do as well and used to but switched to Asics. Give them a try. You may like them also

Should have mentioned my ASICS tennis shoes - switched from Nike - what a difference.

Great thread, I’ll add a guitar.  My Taylor 310ce but I take my beater, a 25 year old Takamine that still sounds fantastic on the road and anywhere.

Also, rounded pin tri-fins.  While I infrequently surf (I still surf, that is the main thing), this is a superior configuration.

i have to admit, my credit card is essential.  I think I burned a hole in it this holiday.

Btw whats up walking into a Hermes store and not getting help until you out loud ask to see one of their special release scarves.  Does one have to make a special effort to dress up just to go shopping?

wineart 2 posted:

The topic is NOT intended to be a serious topic, just a fun topic about our lifestyles.

I've been in the country a few years now and it shows.  The first thing I thought of were my high tech work boots, and Forestry Supply Camo pants.  Really the pants I couldn't live without now.  

A burn barrel and propane heater.  'Entertaining' is almost all outside now.

The garage / beer fridge, although last Friday I heard: "Ok it's time for us to go home you're drinking Coors Light out of a can".

I love my Deere mower and my back pack blower.  That sounds stupid, but the combo together probably saves me 100-150 hours of work a year at minimum.  That's 150 hours of burn barrel and beer time. 

Easy number one though is the neighbors.  In San Jose we visited with neighbors maybe once a month.  Now it seems like it's 4-5 days a week we're doing something social.  Being in a small town helps with that also.  There's always someone at the restaurant or bar we know.

Add Reply

Likes (0)