EPL 2012-2013

quote:
Originally posted by Adam10:
Depends which Arsenal shows up....I think they're capable of beating BM if they gel as they do every so often...

Agree with you Adam....but i would put our chances at 30 percent....we are just so inconsistent
But...if we can play an amazing game and get an away goal or 2.....all is possible.
quote:
Originally posted by Dave Canada:
quote:
Originally posted by Vt2It:
quote:
Originally posted by steve8:
I was watching it. That result is far better for ManUre than for Madrid. Frown

Of the three British teams left Manchester has the best shot to advance, followed by Celtic.
Yes, Celtic lost at home by three and has almost no chance, and Arsenal has yet to play. Still think they have a better shot.

Fair enough...Arsenal has a better chance of advancing than AC Milan though.... Banana

I'd say that they both are going out this round no question about it. Last year's Milan team played Barca four close games, this year's team is not nearly as good. Pato and Ibra gone and Balotelli cup tied is one thing, but no more Nesta and Silva is their real problem. Frown
They went from being an old team to a very young one in one season, but do show some promise for being very good next year if they can find just one good centerback, .
quote:
Looks like Arsenal's last chance of silverware this year comes down to the CL. If they can't beat a struggling Championship team at the Emirates, are they really going to beat Bayern Munich in a home & away contest? I think not.

Well put....
This is a side that is desperately in need of new players....I am just disgusted by Wenger selling high and buying low over and over....arteta can't replace Fabregas, Giroud can't replace RVP, Gervihno can't replace NAsri (maybe he can Nasri has been garbage since he left LOL) but you get my drift....major issues.
You referring to Wilshere or Walcott? Both bad decisions imo. Arsenal had a much better chance of winning the FA Cup than the CL. Really, win the CL this year??? I realize Chelsea set the bar last year for under-achieving slackers, but I don't see Barca or Bayern going so quietly this year.

Wenger is gone at the end of this season. It better not be Mourinho who replaces him!
quote:
You referring to Wilshere or Walcott? Both bad decisions imo. Arsenal had a much better chance of winning the FA Cup than the CL. Really, win the CL this year??? I realize Chelsea set the bar last year for under-achieving slackers, but I don't see Barca or Bayern going so quietly this year.

Wenger is gone at the end of this season. It better not be Mourinho who replaces him!

Wow steve...you are in my head...I totally agree. No way Arsenal wins this....in heads up games...no chance that the "good" arsenal shows up twice....
I would have played all my best for the FA Cup as well...
No Mourihno!!!!
Maybe Moyes, Laudrup, who knows...I know that PSG are hard after Wenger but I will be surprised if he leaves without some kind of hardware...he is a stubborn bastard.
quote:
Not looking good....already down 2-0...

Adam, are you such an Anglophile you would cheer for Arsenal? Not I. I'd rather see hell freeze. Not as bad as United, but close, especially since Wenger threw the FA Cup.
quote:
Originally posted by Arsenal4ever:
Bayern is good; very good.

I would add scary good with Heynckes. Being a Real Madrid fan, i am worried of what Pep can do with this team, even more skills and physicality could really make them an unbeatable machine. OTOH, i am hoping chemistry is a b..tch and that Pep fails completely.
quote:
Originally posted by Merengue:
quote:
Bayern is good; very good.

I would add scary good with Heynckes. Being a Real Madrid fan, i am worried of what Pep can do with this team, even more skills and physicality could really make them an unbeatable machine. OTOH, i am hoping chemistry is a b..tch and that Pep fails completely.

I'm betting they fail with Pep. Just a hunch. That team seems to do their best with a certain type of coach and I don't think Pep fits that bill. I hope I'm flat out wrong.
quote:
Originally posted by wineismylife:
quote:
Originally posted by Dave Canada:
wow...just a great game by AC Milan....fun to watch.
rendered Barca useless.....
They have a good chance now.

WTF?!? What the heck happened to Barca?!? Woot

They played Milan. Big Grin
quote:
Originally posted by Jcocktosten:
VT2IT must be in heaven

Feeling pretty good right now.
That said they better not pull what they did last year after running Arsenal off the field only to not play in the first half of the return leg. That won't work this time as they have a two not four goal cushion and Barca is a hell of a lot better than Arsenal.
quote:
quote:
Not looking good....already down 2-0...

Adam, are you such an Anglophile you would cheer for Arsenal? Not I. I'd rather see hell freeze. Not as bad as United, but close, especially since Wenger threw the FA Cup.

No, the English in me cheers for the underdog always though. I'm ABU though, always. But I wanted Arsenal to win to shutup all the spoilt Arse fans who want Wenger out. I also want to see Wilshere do well. He's going to run our midfield internationally, and it's only good for England that he does well.
Don't count me among those who want Arsene out. Before he came to Arsenal, English football was boring, with nearly all playing Stoke City football. Long balls to nowhere. He brought in skilled players like Henry, Viera, Bergkamp, Pires, Fabregas, RVP who revolutionized the game. It would be a shame to see him leave now, with everything going so wrong. I'd rather see Kroenke leave - STAT.
quote:
Before he came to Arsenal, English football was boring, with nearly all playing Stoke City football.

Oh please. He will also be remembered for being the only EPL/BPL manager to have ever fielded a team (against Crystal Palace) with no English players.

I won't argue he was a great manager because his record speaks for itself. Unlike Ferguson though, he has not been able to keep it up. If Arsenal wants to keep paying him right into retirement, it's OK with me.
The only good thing about that game is City keeping pace with United, even though it's a long shot.

My list of grievances with the Chelsea performance is long. Ba was invisible. Mikel watched Toure score the first goal. Hazard needs to learn to come back and help the defence.

Great stop by Hart on the Lampard penalty.
quote:
My list of grievances with the Chelsea performance is long. Ba was invisible. Mikel watched Toure score the first goal. Hazard needs to learn to come back and help the defence.

Agree re the effort. Looked like they had no plan, the play was ragged, their pace of play was slow.
quote:
quote:
Before he came to Arsenal, English football was boring, with nearly all playing Stoke City football.

Oh please. He will also be remembered for being the only EPL/BPL manager to have ever fielded a team (against Crystal Palace) with no English players.

I won't argue he was a great manager because his record speaks for itself. Unlike Ferguson though, he has not been able to keep it up. If Arsenal wants to keep paying him right into retirement, it's OK with me.

I think we were the first side to field a non-English team...Vialli did it...?
quote:
I think we were the first side to field a non-English team...Vialli did it...?

You sure? I suspect your knowledge of the clubs history is greater than mine, but I don't recall that. And I seem to remember reading that distinction about Wenger. Not just the starting 11, including the bench.
From Wikipedia

"Under Vialli, Chelsea would become the first side in English football to field a starting 11 composed entirely of foreign players, highlighting the increasing internationalization of the game."

Chelsea must have had a bloke on the bench. Wink
quote:
Bale's leg is a weapon. Bow Spurs are not going to be able to afford to keep him next year.

I was glad I went to the pub after work to watch it. It was almost the Joe Cole show, with legend Joey doing his best to help out his fellow Blues...then Bale.

Wow. What a goal....8 out of Spurs' last 10...every game in a row it seems...he's on Messi form right now. Wonder where he'll be off to in the summer...most think Spain.

It's also nice to see he's cut out the diving and whining (touch wood)...he was fouled right before the goal and the old Bale would have rolled around, but he got up, ref waved advantage, and SMACK!!!

Add Reply

Likes (0)