EPL 2011-2012

Only a couple weeks from kickoff to the new season. Some interesting transfers so far, and almost more interesting is who hasn't been transferred (i.e. Tevez, nobody important incoming for Arsenal, etc).

Anyway, I've renewed the EPL fantasy league for those that want to join again.

LINK

The league code is 446298-123835.

If you were in the league last year, you should automatically be added again this year once you submit your team.
Original Post
Bump to those looking to join the fantasy league.

Arsenal still doing little in the transfer market. Man Utd being coy saying they can't possibly sign Sniejder from Inter since he costs too much. Sure, Fergie is saying he's done in the window, but does anyone actually believe that? Chelsea being rebuffed for Modric.

I wonder if any of these deals will be done before the season kicks off, and how many will be done before the window closes at the end of August?
It's been a frustrating 'off-season.'
We could lose Nasri and Fabregas, and no new defenders. RVP is hurt (surprise). Seems like deja vu all over again.
Right now, we could be looking at a total meltdown. Especially with Pool and ManU in the first 3 matches and critical UCL matches w/ Udinese right in the middle of those.
Yep, Arsenal makes me feel good about Chelsea.

So, predictions time for those who care?

I can't see Chelsea making a run for it this year with essentially the same old team. Still have Terry as the pillar (literally) of the defense. Didn't unload Anelka, Cole, or Drogba. Third place at best.

ManU. I hate to admit it, but I can't see why they won't win it again. Looked pretty good in the Community Shield, but the young goalie could be a weakness in his first year.

Man City. Will Tevez play? I think he will and City should finish second.

Liverpool. Made plenty of moves and they should be stronger than the impressive finish to last season. 4th place, maybe even third ahead of Chelsea.

Relegation teams. Wigan, Wolverhampton and Norwich City.
quote:
Originally posted by Arsenal4ever:
It's been a frustrating 'off-season.'
We could lose Nasri and Fabregas, and no new defenders. RVP is hurt (surprise). Seems like deja vu all over again.
Right now, we could be looking at a total meltdown. Especially with Pool and ManU in the first 3 matches and critical UCL matches w/ Udinese right in the middle of those.

Totally agree....what a brutal off-season. I am already a depressed arsenal fan and the season has yet to start.
Arsenal hasn't finished lower than 4th for 16 years, but with the turmoil in the squad and no new defenders, right now I can't see them finishing higher than 6th. And I truly believe that the top 3-4 teams in the EPL haven't been this weak in a long time. So:
Man City (if Tevez stays)
Man U
Chelsea
Liverpool
I agree about Torres looking motivated, but I have not changed my opinion about Terry, Anelka and Cole. Does the latter never stop yapping at the referee? I saw more of the same from the latter half of the last season. Control play, but can't finish.

As for ManU, yes, the keeper looks like a potential weak spot after 2 games. Hopefully his confidence is shattered. ;-)

Bye bye Cesc. Enjoy your season on the bench in Barcelona. I also enjoyed Gervinho's red card. Smile

How about that goal by Larsson? A perfectly executed volley is a thing of beauty.
Cesc cashed out last year. One of the longest running soaps in ELP history. It was going to happen no matter what, but I would like to see the 'tapping' rule enforced. Over the past 2-3 seasons, just about every Barca player, manager, and owner came out publicly and begged for him to move to Spain. And, Steve8, we actually agree on something: Cesc will see a lot of bench time. But as far as Gervinho's red card......
Ashley Cole played alright....no one's going to sell the England captain are they? Anelka, agreed.

I'm positive as long as Lampard sees more bench time for someone who's crafty with the ball.

Gervinho was always going to see red slapping someone on the head...
quote:
Cesc cashed out last year. One of the longest running soaps in ELP history. It was going to happen no matter what, but I would like to see the 'tapping' rule enforced. Over the past 2-3 seasons, just about every Barca player, manager, and owner came out publicly and begged for him to move to Spain.

But let's face it, Arsenal knew this day was coming when they signed him.
quote:
Granted. Just want to see all the lusting over signed contracted players by other teams stop.
I don't believe any other sport puts up with it.

Totally.....if you did that in Basketball you would have a massive fine.....tampering is insane in football. I hope Cesc enjoys the slivers that will be in his ass from riding the pine....can't see Xavi being displaced this year.....no way. Unless he takes Messi's spot? Wink Razz
quote:
The Ruskie will just go buy another.
Wait till you see Arsenal's 11 for Liverpool tomorrow. Except for RVP, might not be recognizable. Injuries (7), bans (2), and defections (1 and counting).

No, he won't...and that AR OG was brutal...
I only saw the last 15 minutes or so. Just enough to see him go after Odemwingie in retaliation for some supposed crime against Terry. Both of them showed lots of class. Roll Eyes

Adam, you can't be impressed with their play so far? Two goals in two games against Stoke and WBA is not a roaring start.

I did enjoy the Arsenal-Liverpool game though.
quote:
Originally posted by steve8:
quote:
Originally posted by Adam10:
No better left back,

Evra and Lahm are both better.

Disagree, but even if I did agree they are not available to us. By your words (unless you have loads more on the brain) we have the third best left back. That'll suffice. He still had a top match. Was our best attacking threat too, at times.

Again, I think he's a total chav, and I don't respect his personal life - but I can't argue with his calibre.
[QUOTE]Originally posted by steve8:
I only saw the last 15 minutes or so. Just enough to see him go after Odemwingie in retaliation for some supposed crime against Terry. Both of them showed lots of class. Roll Eyes

[QUOTE]

Same comment - more of the usual from Terry - can't believe Cole did not even get carded for that ridiculous take down but the Ref had lost all control by that time
Cole's problem is not a lack of talent, it's his constant chirping at the refs. He never stops and it makes his play inconsistent. Rather than jump back up and get into the play, he stops to natter away at the ref.

Is Nasri going to leave Arsenal or what? Get it over with. And why does City want him? More money to sit on the bench? They already have Adam Johnson wasting away on the bench. I'd like to see AJ in blue. And I'm not talking about that faggy blue City wears.
quote:
Originally posted by steve8:
Cole's problem is not a lack of talent, it's his constant chirping at the refs. He never stops and it makes his play inconsistent. Rather than jump back up and get into the play, he stops to natter away at the ref.

Is Nasri going to leave Arsenal or what? Get it over with. And why does City want him? More money to sit on the bench? They already have Adam Johnson wasting away on the bench. I'd like to see AJ in blue. And I'm not talking about that faggy blue City wears.

Yep Cole has that flaw, but he's still worthy of first team spot, esp. based on those football performances.

Nasri's gone. The key is if you sign everyone, then they can't play for the opposition!
quote:
Chelsea make Ribery last minute bid....

Thankfully that did not happen. I wouldn't want to see that dirtbag in a blue shirt. Black and white stripes, yes, and I'm not talking about Newcastle either.

They did sign Meireles, who is a good player. They have a lot of midfielders now. Too bad they didn't pick up any defenders.

WTF does City want with Owen Hargreaves?

Stoke was busy today too. Surprised that Spurs let Crouch go.
Yes, he's good. Bit of a chav though, more tats than Becks? In any case, Benny's writing was on the wall when Mata (new fave) came on with his number. Er, did we JUST get him? 11 or so appearances and he's loaned out as a senior to Arsenal?? It's like McDonald's now. So depressing. I remember when you signed someone, you had him. For ages - so you hoped for the best. Now they're like dirty laundry. A few months...

Arteta going to Arse as well was WELL interesting though. Bendtner to Sunderland...it was an exciting deadline night, I must admit. My friend texted me that the nation was more at the Sky Sports ticker on the tv than at the national election. Ha.

Anyway Steve, I'm happy for the on-field potential. Looking good even sans Modric.
quote:

Anyway Steve, I'm happy for the on-field potential. Looking good even sans Modric.

Are you still happy? Dominated the game against Sunderland, but barely got the 3 points. Meanwhile, City and United roll on. Looks like Rooney has his mojo back. Good for England. I guess we'll see next Sunday what Chelsea is really made of.
Yes, I'm still happy. Especially when even Ramires looks on form. Ashley had another cracking match. This time last year we were in the position the Madchesters are, and didn't win in the end. I'm upbeat for now. You're right...Sunday will be interesting.

Rooney is reverse Samson.
This thread is getting no love. My lack of posting is obvious, but what about the rest of you? Chelski looked to me the better team today, at least for most of the match, yet still let ManU get the 3 points. Torres' howler was one of the best ever, yet I still feel bad for him (not Chelski). Torres at Pool was as good as Thierry in his prime, but now....
Paging Adam...where was Cole on the Smalling goal? And did they give Terry an assist on the Rooney goal? Get rid of them. And I hate to admit it, but add Frank to the list.

Arsenal4ever, you post for the 1st time in quite a while and you post about Chelsea. Ummmmm, did you happen to see the Blackburn-Arsenal game on Saturday? Talk about howlers. Their defense is pathetic.

Add Reply

Likes (0)