Epic Thread... Epic Offline

quote:
Originally posted by KSC02:
If this thing is going to get some legs it needs someone to step up. Personally I suggest the OP Big Grin

I think my days of herding cats are over. I reviewed one of the Philly offline threads the other day and I got a headache just reading it!

PH
I've had too much wine over the last 10 years, I couldn't remember where that original offline was held. It took a lot of sifting through pages to come up with it, Campagnola in Evanston. It was a great time, really good fun. Time really flies, I can't believe you all got 10 years older while I have stayed the same age.

I'm definitely interested in another mega offline. However I am not interested in organizing it!
Doing a little internet searching, there is a place in Chicago called Caro Mio. BYOB (no corkage fee) and several "party packages" according to their web site. I think WS Forumites have off-lined there before? They advertise being able to accomodate up to 80 people. I've never been there, but perhaps others can chime in if they think it would be an appropriate venue for something like this.
http://caromioitalianristorant...espace.com/menu-1-1/

If all else fails, maybe thelostverse can open his house and he and sarbuze handle the food with a bunch of sous chefs to assist!
Big Grin
Hey now - PH started this s**t! I don't even live in Chicago proper!

I'm guessing we could come up with a group willing to co-organize. Perhaps I can be a roster-keeper. I'm starting strongly consider leaving my current employer and we have a 2-1/2 week Italy trip in the fall. I can certainly help, but can't take the lead. Some city folk input would be vital.
MartinBathke posted:

You know what would be awesome?

I sure do! It would be awesome if you wouldn't spam this forum by posting the exact same thing in at least six different threads. Doesn't matter if it's a free service. You're promoting your own venture, and you don't need to do it multiple times.

billhike posted:
Hey now - PH started this s**t! I don't even live in Chicago proper!

I'm guessing we could come up with a group willing to co-organize. Perhaps I can be a roster-keeper. I'm starting strongly consider leaving my current employer and we have a 2-1/2 week Italy trip in the fall. I can certainly help, but can't take the lead. Some city folk input would be vital.

I don't live in Chicago but would love to join in on this if it gets going and the timing works.. 

Add Reply

Likes (0)