Dubai and wine

Venues serving alcohol must be attached to a hotel or club.  If you're 21 and at a licensed venue you can drink alcohol.

Unfortunately you just might eventually leave that venue.  That's when the problems could start.  It is illegal to drink alcohol in public or be intoxicated in public.  Although you were drinking in a licensed venue once on the street you can be detained by a police officer.  Some will question you and pass you along.  Some are a bit more gung ho and will make an example of you.  I've heard of people being arrested and even a few caning stories.

All depends on how Saudi is feeling. They get their knickers in a twist and girlfriend's holding their boyfriend's hand will get arrested and flogged just to make an example. Other times things are more easy going...

Still only hotels and private clubs that serve (and they track what EVERYONE is drinking) .

Irwin, for sure more to this story as my cousin has lived there for years and drinks quite a lot of beer. Yes, she's not going to 7-11 and picking up a sixxer but I think they understand Dubai needs to cater internationally to prosper. Much like Salt Lake City pre and post Winter Olympics. What a change!

Add Reply

Likes (0)