The following wines will be poured tomorrow night. Do you like this order? TIA for your thoughts.

2008 Argyle Extended Tirage 63% Pinot Noir, 37% Chardonnay Oregon Sparkling Wine

2015 Miani Friulano

2012 Kistler Trenton Roadhouse Chardonnay

2013 Domaine Serene Mark Bradford Vineyard PN Magnum

1996 Roberto Voerzio Barolo Brunate

1990 Robert Mondavi Reserve Cabernet

2015 Detert East Block Cab Franc

2001 Joseph Phelps Insignia

2012 Peter Michael Les Pavots

2012 Kathryn Hall Cabernet

2012 Bond Pluribus

1998 Chateau de Beaucastel CdP

2007 Royal Tokaji Company Nyulaszo Vineyard 6 Put Tokaji

IW

Original Post

Looks like a good lineup. Hope your palate is up to it.

Of the list, I've had the Argyle, Mondavi, and the Beaucastel. All were very good, as I recall, but it has been several years since I drank them. I think I'd put the Beaucastel sooner in the lineup, before you get to the Cali cabs.

IW -

Royal Tokay Company?

Or do you mean Royal Tokaji Company?

I'm not sure about the Barolo. Don't know where I'd put it, but I think I'd put the older wines last. That way people will get through the big ones, they won't be paying attention, and they may not be interested towards the end, leaving more for me!

I concur with mneeley. Looks awesome and also on the Beaucastel.  I’d probably put it before the Cabs. (To be fair, both the Beaucastel and the Voerzio are possible — or even likely — to be bigger than the Mondavi, but I imagine you want to keep the Cabs together. I would want to keep the Cabs together.)  Also, while I’ve never had a Detert, I’ve heard enough tell of that Cab Franc that I would suspect it best to put it at the end of the Cab flight. Have fun!  I’m sure it will be great in whatever order you wind up choosing. 

Add Reply

Likes (0)