Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Two bottles of 2007 Chante Cigale chateauneuf du pape, which is not a trophy wine, but we liked it a lot when we were in Ottawa a week ago and my son schlepped the 2 bottles, carefully wrapped in his luggage from Ontario to Guatemala - seeing as we get almost no chateauneuf du pape here, much less good and affordable chateauneuf du pape, that raised the Chante Cigale to trophy-wine level! Big Grin Cool
quote:
Originally posted by bman:
Two bottles of 2007 Chante Cigale chateauneuf du pape, which is not a trophy wine, but we liked it a lot when we were in Ottawa a week ago and my son schlepped the 2 bottles, carefully wrapped in his luggage from Ontario to Guatemala - seeing as we get almost no chateauneuf du pape here, much less good and affordable chateauneuf du pape, that raised the Chante Cigale to trophy-wine level! Big Grin Cool

No wine as of yet but I did get a Laguiole corkscrew. Big Grin
quote:
Originally posted by Jersey Foodies:
New Laguiole for me also! Woo hoo! And perhaps a little '01 d'Yquem! WOo HOo! Merry Christmas! -mJ

Nice you gotta let us know how the D'Yquem is if you open it soon.

On another note, we should try and organize a Jersey Offline group. It looks like there are plenty of good people in Jersey to organize something every 3-4 months!
quote:
Originally posted by jqmunro:
quote:
Originally posted by Jersey Foodies:
New Laguiole for me also! Woo hoo! And perhaps a little '01 d'Yquem! WOo HOo! Merry Christmas! -mJ

Nice you gotta let us know how the D'Yquem is if you open it soon.

On another note, we should try and organize a Jersey Offline group. It looks like there are plenty of good people in Jersey to organize something every 3-4 months!

I'll lye ya know around 2030 on the d'Yquem! :-)

As for a tasting group, I have a few that meet up. Where in NJ are ya? -mJ
These were all specifically requested by me, so no surprises, but still were great to get:
2006 Fontodi Chianti Classico Riserva Vigna del Sorbo
2007 Groth Cabernet Sauvignon
2007 Quinta do Vallado Douro Reserva
2008 Sineann Pinot Noir Resonance Vineyard
2007 Tyrus Evan Syrah
2006 Zaca Mesa Syrah
2006 Hall Cabernet Sauvignon

Also used up a gift card I got earlier in the year from my brother for a wine store back in Michigan and turned it into a 2004 Uccelliera Brunello di Montalcino Riserva.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.