Skip to main content

2005 Poggio al Tesoro, Sondraia...this bottle is peaking.

2007 Ch Rieussec...at a medium amber, this bottle seemed a little advanced for its age.  I prefer my Sauternes a bit on the younger side, but this was still very enjoyable.

1970 Gilardino, Barolo Reserva...popped and poured with pan seared NYs au poivre, initially thin and a pale, this bottle developed weight and intensity as it stretched out.  Very nearly opaque after an hour or so, some sour cherry left.  Fun to drink a still alive, 50-year old bottle.

Recently

NV Vilmart, Champagne, Grande Cellier

2012 Vigneti Del Vulture, Aglianico del Vulture, Piano del Cerro

2005 Domaine de la Charbonnière, CdP, Cuvée Mourre des Perdrix

2008 Dominio de Pingus, RdD, Flor de Pingus

2010 Chateau de Villeneuve, Saumur-Champigny, Le Grand Clos

2007 Terrabianca, IGT, Campaccio

2012 Sadie Family, Columella

2016 Domaine Huet, Vouvray, Clos du Bourg, Demi-Sec

2000 Paolo Manzone Serralunga Barolo - Opened two bottles of this.  First bottle was showing a lot of age - faded colour, some bricking at the rim... and it tasted a bit tired.  That prompted me to open another which was much different.  Deep garnet in appearance and vibrant flavours of dark berries, forest floor, mint, savoury spices.

Last edited by otw
@mneeley490 posted:

Have you had any contact with them lately? Their website will only let me see past orders. I picked up my last order in March, and I don't think I've gotten an email from them since.

By contact, I'm assuming you mean their offers.  Yes, I'm still receiving their offers. And I did inquire back in Oct about getting my shipment, but they said California orders were scheduled for November, so I told them I'd wait. That being said, it's January now, and I still haven't gotten my shipment(s).  But they did respond quite quickly to my inquiry in October. I'd probably just shoot them an email and they'll figure it out.  

2009 Faustino Rioja I Reserva

2018 Domaine Charvin Côtes du Rhône (Le Poutet)

1982 Château Bellerive Quarts de Chaume

2011 R. López de Heredia Rioja Blanco Viña Gravonia

2016 Podere Luisa Castelperso

1970 Graham Porto Vintage

NV Tselepos Moschofilero Amalia Brut Methode Traditionelle

2005 Château Grand-Puy-Lacoste from Magnum

2004 Bodegas Neo Ribera del Duero Neo Punta Esencia

Last edited by mimik
@azwiese posted:

By contact, I'm assuming you mean their offers.  Yes, I'm still receiving their offers. And I did inquire back in Oct about getting my shipment, but they said California orders were scheduled for November, so I told them I'd wait. That being said, it's January now, and I still haven't gotten my shipment(s).  But they did respond quite quickly to my inquiry in October. I'd probably just shoot them an email and they'll figure it out.  

Yeah, even prior to COVID their estimates as to when they'd be receiving their stock and when it would be ready go out, was usually lagging by a couple of months. I can only imagine what shipping from Europe is like now.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.