Skip to main content

Dinner for my wife and me tonight is scrambled eggs with a few bits of Cambozola thrown in to make them a bit creamier, and a thin sliced scallion for a bit more flavour.  And I'm very excited that all of this is just the base for a 1.5 oz white Alba truffle that I picked up this morning. We'll have a 2007 Vietti Barbaresco Masseria with it. I have been smelling the truffle-- which is wrapped in paper towel, then bubble wrap, then a small freezer bag, then a sealed cardboard box, and still exudes aroma-- since I brought it home. It seems to be even more aromatic than what I bought last year from the same company, so I'm totally stoked, not to mention salivating.

Monday, for NYE we're going to a friend's home where 3 couples are each contributing courses for the dinner, of which the main will be lobster and crab boil. I'm doing an appetizer, for which tonight is a practice session: scrambled eggs like tonight's, but the truffle is a 2.5 oz black Perigord, so not as aromatic but more forgiving and quite a bit less expensive. I'm thinking a Brunello.

If anybody is interested, the company I buy from Is Mikuni Wild Harvest; they deliver a lot of product to the USA. Lots of condiments and caviars in their inventory as well. I have no connection to them other than being a very satisfied customer. I think their customer service is extremely good, and their prices seem fair for these kinds of products.

Last edited by seaquam

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.