December 2012: What are you drinking?

quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
quote:
Originally posted by Impulse:

-2002 Dauvissat Chablis Grand Cru Le Clos
-2002 Dauvissat Chablis Grand Cru Les Preuses

I hope these two were showing well.

-2003 Léoville Las Cases... What did you think? Somehow I ended up with 6 bottles of this wine. Confused

Yes, they showed very well, especially Le Clos, which was more focused and precise at this point.

The '03 LLC is a very big wine, nowhere near ready. It will be outstanding when it grows up, but will never be typical of LLC.
Last night at a white truffle dinner at Blackfish in Conshohocken, PA:

1998 Taittinger Comtes de Champagne (Magnum)
1996 Salon
1990 Aldo Conterno Vigna Cicala (Magnum)
1990 Armando Parusso Bussia (Magnum)
1997 Paolo Scavino Bric del Fiasc
1998 Dominico Clerico CMG
1998 Manzoni Big d Big
1999 Roagna Paje
2000 Rapet Corton Charlemagne
2005 Bonneau du Martray Corton Charlemagne
2009 Aubert Ritchie Chardonnay

Every wine showed well with no flawed bottles. The Cicala was especially good.
quote:
Originally posted by marcb7:
quote:
Enjoyed two bottles of NV Ruinart BdB & fried chicken last night with TPE.

A great match.

Nice! Havent seen TPE on the forum for awhile...trust he is well!

He is very well. We spent two nights catching up.

TPE is touring the USA and visiting forum members and living large. Cool

I sent him to see some serious art today.
quote:
Originally posted by Longboarder:

1996 Salon

Excellent LB, excellent.

I'm having a white truffle off-line dinner tomorrow night, and I hope our wines show as well as yours.
quote:
quote:

1996 Salon

Excellent LB, excellent.

I'm having a white truffle off-line dinner tomorrow night, and I hope our wines show as well as yours.

Very nice...how was the 98' Tattinger? We had this in Vegas back in March and I thought it was in a pretty nice place
quote:
quote:
quote:

1996 Salon

Excellent LB, excellent.

Very nice...how was the 98' Tattinger? We had this in Vegas back in March and I thought it was in a pretty nice place

On this night the Taittinger was drinking better than the Salon IMO.
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

1996 Salon

Excellent LB, excellent.

On this night the Taittinger was drinking better than the Salon IMO.

I could see that... '96 is a baby.
quote:
2002 Pierre Peters Les Chetillons

I'm interested in your opinion on the drinking window. You normally prefer Champagne with more age than I do. I bought six bottles of this and tried one earlier this year, feeling it needs time.

Tonight with grilled prime NY Strips, we had a 1993 Mondavi Reserve Cabernste Sauvignon. It could be mistaken for a Bordeaux. Excellent and austere more than rich.
Tonight with assorted appies and spicy Thai-style salmon and prawn soup:

- NV Piper-Heidsieck Brut (375 ml), very pleasant
- 2002 Trimbach Gewurztraminer Vendanges Tardives, excellent, sweet and spicy, pear, mineral, sage, very long finish, still on the young side
2009 Bastide de Beauvert (les Vignoble Foncalieu) Cotes du Rhone.--mixed berry compote on the nose. Nice youthful fruit with balanced tannins. Very nice bottle for the price (most of the wine went into the braised beef ribs, however. Winner
2003 Vieux Telegraphe CdP La Crau. -- nice aromatic nose and beautiful structure. Still needs time, though.
2003 Chateau Pavie St. Emilion. Wow! actually seems open for business, but obviously still quite young.
Glenfiddich 30 year old. -- yummy
Rare Malts Selection Glen Ord 23 year old (cask strength) -- also yummy. And went well with the meteor shower tonight.
Elijah Craig (private) Opperman barrel #3 "Cigar Bourbon" -- nice and spicy. A perfect way to finish my San Christobal Habana.
quote:
Originally posted by Redhawk:
2009 Bastide de Beauvert (les Vignoble Foncalieu) Cotes du Rhone.--mixed berry compote on the nose. Nice youthful fruit with balanced tannins. Very nice bottle for the price (most of the wine went into the braised beef ribs, however. Winner
2003 Vieux Telegraphe CdP La Crau. -- nice aromatic nose and beautiful structure. Still needs time, though.
2003 Chateau Pavie St. Emilion. Wow! actually seems open for business, but obviously still quite young.
Glenfiddich 30 year old. -- yummy
Rare Malts Selection Glen Ord 23 year old (cask strength) -- also yummy. And went well with the meteor shower tonight.
Elijah Craig (private) Opperman barrel #3 "Cigar Bourbon" -- nice and spicy. A perfect way to finish my San Christobal Habana.

What did you drink with the short ribs? Would think both the VT and Pavie would be pleasant...little cold up in MI for a cigar no? Nice pairing there as well Cool
quote:
Originally posted by Redhawk:
quote:
Originally posted by mangiare:
NV Gaston Chiquet Brut
2- 1992 Spottswoode
2- 1992 Volcanic Hill
4- 1992 Dominus
1- 1982 Talenti BDM

Banana Banana

You drank 4 bottles of 1992 Dominus tonight?

Awesome!!! Razz

To celebrate 12/12/12 all bottles started with 1 and ended with 2. Thanks to Gman for the tip.

Board-O, I thought the Dominus was very good just not great which I have thought in the past.
All in all, a great night of debauchery.

Add Reply

Likes (0)