December 2012: What are you Buying?

Uncle John, did you have any mags of the Ovello put aside last weekend? There were 4 showing in inventory, but by the time I got down there they were all gone. My bad for not calling first, but I hope a friend didn't steal them out from under me. Wink
quote:
Originally posted by steve8:
Uncle John, did you have any mags of the Ovello put aside last weekend? There were 4 showing in inventory, but by the time I got down there they were all gone. My bad for not calling first, but I hope a friend didn't steal them out from under me. Wink

Steve. I got two. I called earlier in the week to order for the sale. I also got 2 Mags of the Rabja. There are still 13 Ovello Mags showing in Quebec City. Today I picled up the 750's above including Paje. I popped a Pora a few hours ago to get a taste of this great vintage for Barbaresco. Nose is amazing, the palate is light balanced with young but beautiful tannins and a long finish. No where near it's drinking window but still lovely today.
3 x 2009 André et Michel Quenard Vin de Savoie Chignin-Bergeron Les Terrasses
3 x N.V. Marc Hébrart Champagne Premier Cru "Cuvee de Reserve"
3 x N.V. Pierre Péters Champagne Blanc de Blancs Brut Cuvée de Réserve
2 x N.V. Ruinart Champagne Brut Rosé
3 x 2008 Domaine du Vieux Télégraphe Châteauneuf-du-Pape La Crau
quote:
Originally posted by steve8:

It wouldn't be the first time! Big Grin
1989 Chateau de Beaucastel
1995 Chateau de Beaucastel
1998 Chateau de Beaucastel
1999 Chateau de Beaucastel
2010 Domaine de Cristia CdP Vieilles Vignes
2007 Il Poggione BdM

I was hoping to get more of the 1989, but ended up only managing to purchase 1 bottle. Oh well, 1 is better than 0 so I'm still pretty happy!
quote:
Originally posted by Vino Me:
Bought some everyday wines:

30 x 2008 Bremerton Tamblyn Cabernet Shiraz Malbec Merlot Langhorne Creek @ $3
12 x 2006 Hemar Ribera del Duero Roble @ $3
4 x 2007 Schloss Vollrads Riesling Kabinett @ $3
2 x 2008 Schloss Vollrads Riesling Kabinett @ $3

VM

WTF? Eek
quote:
Originally posted by KSC02:
quote:
Originally posted by g-man:
12x 1998 d'yquem

Eek I didn't see you as such a fan, g-man. .375s?

yea 375s

doubled opened an 04 for me, my first one, and it was truly stunning. I can't say I've had many sauternes except maybe the 01 suidaraut that would compare.
quote:
doubled opened an 04 for me, my first one, and it was truly stunning. I can't say I've had many sauternes except maybe the 01 suidaraut that would compare.

And so it begins... Big Grin

Well done, BTW. I've had several '98s and find them very easy to like.
quote:
Originally posted by KSC02:
quote:

And so it begins... Big Grin

Well done, BTW. I've had several '98s and find them very easy to like.

well the only sauternes on my buying list would only be the d'yquems ;-)
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by CSM:
quote:
12x 1998 d'yquem

JJB sale?

yessir!

A very good price and one of the best 'values' for this wine (price/taste) available.
A smart purchase, g-man. Wink

Add Reply

Likes (0)