Skip to main content

Last night at dinner with Ampuis:

- 1996 Duval-Leroy Champagne Femme -- excellent, very fine mousse
- 2001 Trimbach Riesling Cuvee Frederic Emile --very good, very steely, minerally
- 1998 Le Vieux Donjon Chateauneuf du Pape -- fabulous
- 1997 Jamet Cote-Rotie Les Sommets d'Harys -- poster child for the wild side of Northern Rhone Syrah, exotic and fabulous, a wine you can just smell all night

Nice to have an evening when all the wines showed beautifully
quote:
Originally posted by AZwineRyan:
quote:
Originally posted by jqmunro:
2008 Cameron Hughes Lot 200 Napa Valley - Cabernet

What do you think? I bought a ton of it.

In my book, it's in a bit of an awkward stage right now because it hasn't been bottled for very long, but with a good 2 plus hour decant, it's showing great potential.

Agreed, I decanted one a few weeks ago and after a couple hours it was definitely worth the $28 tariff. I just opened this one so it's still spreading its... uh... pedals.
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
quote:
Originally posted by AZCat:
2008 Stefania Haut Tubee

What did you think?

Sorry, just saw this. I think it will be excellent with a little time. A bit disjointed and a tad hot, but all of the components are there - I think it will be better than the 2007 which I thoroughly enjoyed.

IMO this is much more than a simple table wine made with Paul & Steph's leftover grapes. I found the 2007 to be quite complex and interesting. The fruit in the 2008 strikes me as a little more intense than the 2007.
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Seaquam:

Curious, have you tried the 1995? I think we'll be opening that with friends next weekend to celebrate the birth of their twins.

I had the '95 last year and I thought it was an excellent wine.
quote:
Originally posted by gigabit:
quote:
quote:

Curious, have you tried the 1995? I think we'll be opening that with friends next weekend to celebrate the birth of their twins.

I had the '95 last year and I thought it was an excellent wine.

Thanks! I'm looking forward to trying it.
quote:
quote:

I'm sorry, the only vintage I've ever had of this bottling is 1996 (it's the only time I've seen it on local shelves).

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.