Skip to main content

quote:
Originally posted by THA:
Bordeaux 2008s are starting to trickle into Spec's here in Houston. I picked up Laplognotte-Bellvue 2008 (St-Emilion) last night, a low-to-mid priced, reliable producer that's always in stock at Spec's year-after-year. Juicy, fresh, and modern in style that would satisfy fans of Napa; but lacking richness and concentration. I really had to coax any typicity whatsoever out of the nose with an aggressive swirl. A good drink for the dinner table.

DRAB, is this you?
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
quote:
Originally posted by jqmunro:
quote:
1990 Gosset Celebris
1988 Haut Brion
1988 La Mission Haut Brion
1989 Baumard QdC

Was the Gosset Celebris the BdB or the regular?

It was a blend... did they make a vintage BdB IN '90?

w+a, you're quite right. No BdB in '90. I guess I should check before asking Smile

Up for tonight:
1982 Dom Perignon
No, sir

quote:
quote:
Bordeaux 2008s are starting to trickle into Spec's here in Houston. I picked up Laplagnotte-Bellvue 2008 (St-Emilion) last night, a low-to-mid priced, reliable producer that's always in stock at Spec's year-after-year. Juicy, fresh, and modern in style that would satisfy fans of Napa; but lacking richness and concentration. I really had to coax any typicity whatsoever out of the nose with an aggressive swirl. A good drink for the dinner table.

DRAB, is this you?
quote:
No, sir

quote:
quote:
Bordeaux 2008s are starting to trickle into Spec's here in Houston. I picked up Laplagnotte-Bellvue 2008 (St-Emilion) last night, a low-to-mid priced, reliable producer that's always in stock at Spec's year-after-year. Juicy, fresh, and modern in style that would satisfy fans of Napa; but lacking richness and concentration. I really had to coax any typicity whatsoever out of the nose with an aggressive swirl. A good drink for the dinner table.

DRAB, is this you?

Kindred spirits. Smile
quote:
Originally posted by NolanE:
quote:
Originally posted by jqmunro:
quote:
Originally posted by KSC02:
2007 Le Vieux Donjon CdP
2007 Château de Beaucastel CdR Coudoulet de Beaucastel

Thoughts on the Donjon?
Same here. I remember you being unimpressed last time you had this.

HA! Good memory. We'd prepared lamb last evening and this was my only bottle of CdP in the home cellar, so I decided to give it another go. Opened and splash decanted for 4 hours prior to eating, it showed much better this time. While not in any manner a 'wow' experience, it is indeed a solid CdP and showing well with an appropriate chance to air.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.