Skip to main content

Last night, 2005 Jean Foillard Morgon "Cote du Py". The last couple Morgons I've had seem to be fading a bit, which causes concern for me since I have close to 2 cases left. I opened a Marcel Lapierre a couple weeks ago that was the same way. Has anyone else here had any experiences with the 2005 beaujolais from Morgon latey?
quote:
Originally posted by DoktaP:
quote:
I have decided effective immediately, I will only drink wine from the great state of California.

Does this mean that you are donating all your old world wines to your much older, less wise, humbled, frail and needy brother? Mom would want it that way.

Well, I was thinking about just sitting them out on the curb, but perhaps keeping the wine in the family would be wise.
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
quote:
Originally posted by GlennK:
quote:
I have decided effective immediately, I will only drink wine from the great state of California.

First up for tonight.

2007 Fantesca Chardonnay
2002 Marcassin Pinot Marcassin Vineyard
2007 Ferrari Carano Tresor Reserve
Forever? Wink

Absolutely, forever.

DVD, what have you done with W+A?
Is this some voodoo trance thing going on?
quote:

First up for tonight.

2007 Fantesca Chardonnay

Surely you've gone mad?

Had the 02 Marcassin blue slide a couple weeks ago and it was fantastic. Would love to hear how the Marcassin Marcassin is doing.
quote:
Originally posted by T Dub:
quote:

First up for tonight.

2007 Fantesca Chardonnay

Surely you've gone mad?

Had the 02 Marcassin blue slide a couple weeks ago and it was fantastic. Would love to hear how the Marcassin Marcassin is doing.

I'm a new man. Cool
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by T Dub:
quote:

First up for tonight.

2007 Fantesca Chardonnay

Surely you've gone mad?

I'm a new man. Cool

Eek
Tomorrow morning, are you getting a Kinkade scene tramp-stamped on your lower back?
Nice little lunch with...

'01 Pape Clement Blanc
'00 Les Plantiers du Hat-Brion

'75 Lascombes
'75 Leoville Las Cases
'82 Pichon-Longueville Baron
'82 Leoville Barton
'82 Pichon Longueville Comtesse de Lalande
'82 Leoville Las Cases
'82 Guaud Larose
'82 La Lagune
'85 Grand-Puy-Lacoste
'89 Pichon Longueville Comtesse de Lalande

'70 Lafaurie-Peyraguey
'97 Guiraud
'01 Guiraud
quote:

First up for tonight.

2007 Fantesca Chardonnay

I call dibs on your Champagne. It's only right that the pupil that inherits the wisdom will perpetuate sanity! Razz
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by KSC02:
2008 Château de Beaucastel CdR Coudoulet de Beaucaste
2008 Montes Syrah Alpha

Those are not wines from California. Confused

HA! That's your new mantra. Not mine, my friend. While I surely enjoy the Cali grape, I will not limit myself....and neither will you! Wink Not quite sure exactly what is compelling this present state of mind with you, however I believe I will enjoy watching this play out.

Meanwhile, I still support you and am beginning to view this situation as the 'prodigal son' scenario unfolding before my eyes. Smile
quote:

First up for tonight.

2007 Fantesca Chardonnay

See why you need to change your password often... the wife thinks she is funny. Wink

These were our wines last night, though.

New password, and the true 6'4" wine+art is back!
quote:
Originally posted by futronic:
quote:
Originally posted by steve8:
Tonight

2001 Poggio Scalette, Il Carbonaione

Looking forward to your comments on this. Haven't had it in a couple years and thought it needed more time at that point.

I had forgotten that PurpleHaze found this wine (magnum) at a great price a few years ago. I think I have 3, but do not recall for sure how many I bought.

I'm looking forward to your tasting note.
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by futronic:
quote:
Originally posted by steve8:
Tonight

2001 Poggio Scalette, Il Carbonaione

Looking forward to your comments on this. Haven't had it in a couple years and thought it needed more time at that point.

I had forgotten that PurpleHaze found this wine (magnum) at a great price a few years ago. I think I have 3, but do not recall for sure how many I bought.

I'm looking forward to your tasting note.

We got mags for $75. It was Wine Chateau, out of MO. Great deal.

I had a 2001 about 2 months ago. Not quite ready to my tastes yet. Just a little tight. Will be really nice, but I'm holding another year or two.

PH

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.