Dec 21st: Wine for the end of the world

I'd drink every last bottle of my fonseca collection starting the weekend before to ensure i'll have enough alcohol in my system to start a large forest fire.

Edited to reflect the correct date ;-)
Original Post
I've been toying with this too. I have a couple of "end of the world" parties I'm looking forward to, and will pop something a little nicer for the occasion. Contenders:
2001 Mondavi Reserve Magnum
'75 BdM (can't remember producer at the moment)
'86 Talbot (probably this one)
I'll eye an '02 Grange, but will most likely hold for the next "end of world" event. LOL
quote:
Originally posted by g-man:
I'd drink every last bottle of my fonseca collection starting the weekend before to ensure i'll have enough alcohol in my system to start a large forest fire.

Edited to reflect the correct date ;-)

whatever I can get my hands on. To be clear, that is everyday, so that day will be no different Smile
December 21st is coming up quick! Should I start decanting my '05's & '09's now?! Wink

If this was REALLY going to happen, I imagine that I would liquidate some assets (who's buying?!) for a '59 Lafite & a '61 Petrus that's for sale at a LWS. I think the owner is asking ($8,000) for the Petrus.
quote:
Originally posted by Shane T.:
December 21st is coming up quick! Should I start decanting my '05's & '09's now?! Wink

If this was REALLY going to happen, I imagine that I would liquidate some assets (who's buying?!) for a '59 Lafite & a '61 Petrus that's for sale at a LWS. I think the owner is asking ($8,000) for the Petrus.

if it were to REALLY happen, I'd just loot the LWS
quote:
Originally posted by GregT:
Patrick - if you're flying and the world ends, where will you land? Will the world still be under you or does it go away?

Matter of fact, if it stays, does the world stop turning on its axis too? Does everything just stop?

he'll see some Christians floating up through his plane window

Add Reply

Likes (0)