Skip to main content

I am not interested in attempts to slap together some kind of season for "major league" sports this year.  I think that they should all take a year off and figure out how to do it right next season. I have no interest in asterisked championships. 

Universal DH in the NL?  Travesty...

Thoughts?

PH

Last edited by purplehaze
Original Post
@csm posted:

No spectators though right?  Have tickets for the American Grand Prix in October. Really hoping they cancel because I don’t want to go but want my $ back. 

I'm guessing you mean the race here in Austin at COTA.  If so, let me know if I can help in any way as far as information, plans, etc.  We've gone each year but for reasons unrelated to COVID we had to back out for 2020. 

The CEO at COTA made a comment yesterday in the local media saying he's "hopeful" there will be a race, but not confident, and less confident there will be fans. 

I don't recall if you got my email at the big TWC offline in Toronto we attended when we came up for the Indy race years ago, so just in case its my handle at gmail.

Last edited by Vino Bevo
@Vino Bevo posted:

I'm guessing you mean the race here in Austin at COTA.  If so, let me know if I can help in any way as far as information, plans, etc.  We've gone each year but for reasons unrelated to COVID we had to back out for 2020. 

The CEO at COTA made a comment yesterday in the local media saying he's "hopeful" there will be a race, but not confident, and less confident there will be fans. 

I don't recall if you got my email at the big TWC offline in Toronto we attended when we came up for the Indy race years ago, so just in case its my handle at gmail.

I have been advised by F1, that our team & officials, are to be advised re race.   Will not know until late July for sure.  Was told that TX needs to get virus down,  to have race, if so, would be no fans on grounds

Last edited by flwino
@Vino Bevo posted:

Thanks VB. That’s the race. It’s for a friend’s 40th birthday.  We are hoping to get a refund or at least to roll tix over to the following year. Not too keen on going this year, but still want to go.  Eventually. 

Major League Baseball:

With the 'man on 2nd to start an extra inning' rule, here is a question.

The two teams are tied 0-0 after 9 innings. The home team pitcher has a perfect game going!

The top of the 10th starts, with no out and a man at second. The first batter flies out to right field and the runner advances to third.
The next batter flies out deep to center field, and the man at third scores.  The next batter strikes out. End of inning.  It’s now 1-0 in favor of the visiting team.

The home team goes down 1-2-3.

So, the visiting team wins, 1-0.  The home team pitcher pitches a perfect game and loses.  Not sure if that run is “earned” or “unearned”.

Baseball in the covid era. 

I would guess two rbis in that case. You can have an rbi and an unearned run at the same time. IMO, the pitcher should not be responsible for a loss if the runner on second scores, rather it should be a team loss. Hopefully, this rule is scrapped when a full season is resumed as I agree with you that it is a messed up rule. I am not sure how I feel about the DH in the National League but I fear that ship has sailed.

The Orioles have are playing a double header tonight against the Marlins in Baltimore.  The Orioles were the home team in the first game and the away team in the second game.  Under the new rules, where there is a doubleheader, each game is only 7 innings.  They are actually doing a 5th inning stretch, though there are, of course, no spectators.

This is really ridiculous.

@irwin posted:

The Orioles have are playing a double header tonight against the Marlins in Baltimore.  The Orioles were the home team in the first game and the away team in the second game.  Under the new rules, where there is a doubleheader, each game is only 7 innings.  They are actually doing a 5th inning stretch, though there are, of course, no spectators.

This is really ridiculous.

So who sings "take me out to the ball game"?

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.