I just picked up 17 bottles of the '98 and 5 of the '99 (total remaining supply at the Quebec Liquor Board SAQ). Has any one tried either of these beauties?
Original Post
I've only had the 1988. Although 1989 is supposed to be a better vintage, the 1988 Cos is so incredibly good that I can't imagine the '89 to be better. Amazing wine! Lucky you..
Thanks, Marc. I have tried the 89 twice during a recent trip through Quebec. First time at L'Eau a la Bouche in St-Adele, the 89 was "open" and like nectar, with a loonng finish. The second time was at Auberge Hatley in the Eastern Townships and that bottle was not quite as "open", but still lovely. Based on your comment, I can't wait to open the '88!

You can find info. about the two places I mentionned above (as well as the other place we stayed - La Pinsonniere) at the following website, by narrowing to North America and then Quebec. Enjoy! http://www.relaischateaux.com/site/us/rech_carte.htm
1989 Cos - Nose of Sweet Almonds with rich plummy fruit. On the palate the fruit shifts in to a more black current/cassis profile followed by a tremendous full bodied finish with just a hint of alcohol heat.

1988 Cos - The nose is simmilar to the 89 albeit a touch thinner. Black fruits persist on the palate/ hints of tar and leather balanced with good acidity in the long finish.

These were tasted at an 82-95 vertical tasting last year.
For the money the 88 is a great buy. 89 is drinking well compared to the 90 which is still young. The 95 needs astroglide, give it a few more years. The 86 and of course the 82 are also exceptional.

[Big Grin]

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.