Skip to main content

@The Old Man posted:

Wow. It has happened. The great virus denying,  and mask denying, boob denying boob has the Coronavirus.

The sad part is, Does he really?  Are we sure this isn't some campaign strategy to take the spotlight off of his debacle on the debate stage, his tax scandal, Melania's tapes released yesterday, etc etc?  Rally his base to say the election 'isn't fair' because he can't campaign for a few weeks?  I no longer know what to believe from the WH anymore.  

@patespo1 posted:

The sad part is, Does he really?  Are we sure this isn't some campaign strategy to take the spotlight off of his debacle on the debate stage, his tax scandal, Melania's tapes released yesterday, etc etc?  Rally his base to say the election 'isn't fair' because he can't campaign for a few weeks?  I no longer know what to believe from the WH anymore.  

Sad to say but that's where my mind instantly went as well. And I'm not a conspiracy type of person. 

This gives him a multitude of outs and excuses and lets him sit at home and watch TV instead of campaigning while behind in the polls. 

'You know I know Hope very well, she is fantastic, and she has done a great job. But it is very, very hard when you are with people from the military, or from law enforcement, and they come over to you and they want to hug you and kiss you because we really have done a good job for them."

Yes fans, his first instinct was to throw the military and law enforcement under the bus. Because, yeah, it's hypocritical; like what else is new?

Last edited by The Old Man
@Rothko posted:

So they've put the President on Regeneron, the antibody cocktail.  It sounds to me like he's got more than simple "mild symptoms".  

“In addition to the polyclonal antibodies, the President has been taking zinc, vitamin D, famotidine, melatonin and a daily aspirin,” Conley said in a White House memo Friday afternoon, describing Trump as “fatigued but in good spirits.”

Conley said Trump received an 8-gram dose of Regeneron’s polyclonal antibody cocktail via “infusion without incident.”

weirdly, they didnt put him on bleach and hydroxychloroquine.

as w the judge event

Last edited by g-man

You gather a bunch of people close together without masks.  You wind up with the President, the First lady, Senators Lee and Tillis, the head guy at Notre Dame Law School, Kelly Ann Conway, 3 journalists, and a partridge in a pear tree, all infected with the virus.   Judge Barrett apparently had the virus a few months ago and is alleged to be negative at the present time.

These people are truly morons (except I suppose the journalists).  I would bet that another 10-15 people at that event are positive.

@mneeley490 posted:

I think the worst thing that could happen here is that he comes out of it with a mild case, and then goes on to tell the country that it's not a big deal, it's just like the flu. 

The worst thing that could happen is that he dies before the election, Pence in nominated by Republicans in his place and loses to Biden after months of legal wrangling, but meanwhile the state legislatures (largely Republican including in some key swing states) exercise their constitutional power to direct the state electors to elect Pence, who is inaugurated on schedule before the legal proceedings run their course.  Perhaps after a decision of the 6-3 conservative Supreme Court.  If I understand correctly something by a scholar in these matters that I read today.

@flwino posted:

RE NFL   Normally if you have a player out hurt, you play the game.  Maybe they should play the game with all the folks that test negative, and let the sport go on.  This prompted by the postponement of the Chiefs game

Except another player's injury does not usually cause another player to become injured. Also in this case the "injury" is often hidden before the other players can also become "injured."

Last edited by The Old Man

In some states, if someone knows, or has reason to know, that he has a communicable disease, such as AIDS, genital herpes, or something else (Covid-19), and the person comes in inappropriate contact with another person without telling that person that he has the communicable disease, he could be found guilty of the crime of assault, and in many states, a person infected by this first person could sue for damages.

Just sayin'

@irwin posted:

In some states, if someone knows, or has reason to know, that he has a communicable disease, such as AIDS, genital herpes, or something else (Covid-19), and the person comes in inappropriate contact with another person without telling that person that he has the communicable disease, he could be found guilty of the crime of assault, and in many states, a person infected by this first person could sue for damages.

Just sayin'

Yea. But are you allowed to sue a branch of govt without the governments permission?

@irwin posted:

1) There is a law called the Federal Tort Claims Act, and so the answer, basically, is yes, with some limitations.

2) The lawsuit against DT for negligently or intentionally exposing others to his disease would be against him personally.

Interesting. How does one seperate the potus from DT though if he argues he was doing in his capacity as potus?

@g-man posted:

Interesting. How does one seperate the potus from DT though if he argues he was doing in his capacity as potus?

A good point.  If he infects someone while on the job, say at the introduction of Judge Barrett, the claim would be against the USA. If he inspects someone while he is campaigning, say at his Bedminster rally the other night, then the claim would be against him personally.

@irwin posted:

A good point.  If he infects someone while on the job, say at the introduction of Judge Barrett, the claim would be against the USA. If he inspects someone while he is campaigning, say at his Bedminster rally the other night, then the claim would be against him personally.

welp there's that saying about 5th avenue, something something,

I wonder if those infected at his golf outing would sue in after they got infected and had to donate money to him.

@g-man posted:

The clown is back to his old Flu trope again.  "maybe 100,000 die a year".

Looks like he forgot that already  213,000 Americans have died since  feb and it's not even the whole year yet.

The President says that since 100,000 people die annually from the flu (which actually isn't the case) that the Coronavirus isn't any worse.

I'm not very good in math, but isn't 200,000 more than 100,000?

@irwin posted:

The President says that since 100,000 people die annually from the flu (which actually isn't the case) that the Coronavirus isn't any worse.

I'm not very good in math, but isn't 200,000 more than 100,000?

My trump supporting neighbor likes to tell me his 401k has never done better and how it has doubled under trump.  His wife tells me theyre up 27% overall.  So yea.  I can see what is going on.

Last edited by g-man

Trump has manipulated the market like this on several occasions.  Once he announced that we would be buying a lot of steel for the wall construction, and he specifically cited US Steel, as a company that was "a great American company that is doing really well."  US Steel, at the time, was tanking. But, thanks to his announcement it shot up.  Same with the recent Kodak debacle.

We need a President who is consistent, and even boring, not someone who is testy and erratic. To me, Biden is pretty consistent and pretty boring.

Last edited by irwin
@irwin posted:

Trump has manipulated the market like this on several occasions.  Once he announced that we would be buying a lot of steel for the wall construction, and he specifically cited US Steel, as a company that was "a great American company that is doing really well."  US Steel, at the time, was tanking. But, thanks to his announcement it shot up.  Same with the recent Kodak debacle.

We need a President who is consistent, and even boring, not someone who is testy and erratic. To me, Biden is pretty consistent and pretty boring.

I think we all yearn for consistent and boring right now. 

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.