Congratulations children

quote:
Originally posted by bomba503:
Well that wasnt inflammatory or trollish in the least Roll Eyes


We did hit a bit hard, but was nowhere near the general comments made in other threads that were never nuked, however the writer of those did disappear for a while, until returning and doing it again.

Our comments were no worse than CNN, MSNBC or Fox.

Maybe RT will let us stew in our juices for a period of time, and we can take this as a TWO Minute warning
I have to admit that since Robert's warning, things did calm down in general and people may have been political but were civil nonetheless. I hope Mr. Taylor is reading this and possibly maybe pretty please reinstate the thread as a temporary measure of suspending it rather that closing it down altogether.
quote:
Originally posted by bomba503:
Well that wasnt inflammatory or trollish in the least Roll Eyes


we were a bit tacky, but nowhere as bad as CNN. MSNBC or Fax re the comments.

There have been many other threads with very imflamitory language that were never nuked, but should have been.

Maybe RT will let us stew in our juices and have this as a Two Minute Warning. we were warned, but guess our understanding level was at a low point
All I can do is apologize for my part in any of this (I had a post that was immediately downstream of bman's last one but didn't see what happened after that) and say that I will refrain from any political discourse here.

In terms of congratulating children, my oldest just got his first belt promotion in his Judo dojo. It's an old school dojo run by a Kōdōkan trained 6th dan black-belt where it's rare for a promotion to come within a year and he's very very chuffed.
quote:
Originally posted by patespo1:
Can't someone (like the OP) just start Say Something Random and Off Topic 2.0? Don't see why anyone would get their shorts in a bunch because a topic was locked or nuked?


If I did so, it would follow the same fate.
Congrats to my 8 year old daughter, who struck out so many times in her last little league game, that her coach told her to consider moving to softball where the ball is bigger and she might have a better chance of actually hitting it.

I have since apologized to her, and both she and my wife are speaking to me again.
quote:
Originally posted by Azwiese:
Congrats to my 8 year old daughter, who struck out so many times in her last little league game, that her coach told her to consider moving to softball where the ball is bigger and she might have a better chance of actually hitting it.

I have since apologized to her, and both she and my wife are speaking to me again.


That's pretty funny. Now go teach her to hit, coach! Wink

PH
quote:
Originally posted by Rob_Sutherland:
In terms of congratulating children, my oldest just got his first belt promotion in his Judo dojo...


As a judoka, please let me offer your eldest my congratulations. I was fortunate to have 2 years of after-school instruction at the Kodokan when we lived in Tokyo. As a gaijin in a VERY Japanese environment, it was a very educational experience. I learned more about discipline and respect there than anywhere else in my youth. Judo is an excellent and under appreciated martial art.

PH
quote:
Originally posted by Rob_Sutherland:
All I can do is apologize for my part in any of this (I had a post that was immediately downstream of bman's last one but didn't see what happened after that) and say that I will refrain from any political discourse here.

In terms of congratulating children, my oldest just got his first belt promotion in his Judo dojo. It's an old school dojo run by a Kōdōkan trained 6th dan black-belt where it's rare for a promotion to come within a year and he's very very chuffed.


I thought Judo was the stuff from which bagels were made.
quote:
Originally posted by haggis:
Congratulations to my younger daughter on delivering the most beautiful baby girl I've ever seen! Genevieve Charlotte turned one month old today.


Now THAT'S something worthy of congratulations. Enjoy your family blessing Haggis, and celebrate with a proper Islay worthy of the occasion.
Rothko posted:

The date and time indicators seem to be a bit off...

I noticed some of that too.

In the Recent Posts menu, it shows jcubed as the last poster to the ‘Nov. What Are You Drinking?’ thread. But when you go there, there’s another post after his, with a posting time 4 hours earlier. How does that work?

Add Reply

Likes (0)
×
×
×
×