I actually won $50 on the game. My dad was whining about smaller conference champs getting over power 5 schools(He wouldn't admit it but its because ND got left out). I told him no one wants to hear about how the 65th best team gets left out. If you want in, win more games. He kept going on and on so I took a $50 bet that a 16 or 15 seed would win a game. I just did it to end the conversation. It would have been worth the $50 but now its even better.
The insanity has hit for sure, and I am not surprised by it. I read somewhere that this is the highest average seed for the round of 16 since the 2000 tourney. Since they have burned me twice in the last four years, I am over picking Mich St as an overall winner.

Two conferences, the two believed to be the best in the regular season, have four teams left, ACC and Big 12. The SEC and Big 10 have two each in. The other spots are filled by the Big East, Missouri Valley, Mtn West and West Coast Con.

As far as seed distribution, get this, there are as many 7, 9 and 11s as 1s.

1 -2
2- 2
3- 2
4 -1
5 -3
7 -2
9 -2
11-2

However, despite the chaos, Duke, Kansas and Kentucky still remain. While Calipari always complains about his draw, it is wide open for him now. Syracuse has twice snuck into the field and now twice won games.
quote:
Originally posted by vinole:
FSU makes the Elite Eight for only it's third time (1993 & 1972 when they played UCLA in the title game). Big surprise as they were playing poorly at the end of the season.

The best and worst part of the tourney . . . the one game sample size. Working out in our favor this year though.
quote:
Originally posted by jburman82:
quote:
Originally posted by vinole:
FSU makes the Elite Eight for only it's third time (1993 & 1972 when they played UCLA in the title game). Big surprise as they were playing poorly at the end of the season.

The best and worst part of the tourney . . . the one game sample size. Working out in our favor this year though.

I liked this team but did not pick them to do much because of their end-of-season suckitude
Elite 8

Kansas St vs Loyola Chi
Michigan vs FSU
Villanova vs Texas Tech
Kansas vs Duke

Conference - 3 Big 12, 2 ACC, 1 Big 10, 1 Big East and 1 MVC

Seeds - 1-2, 2-1, 3-2, 9-2 and 11-1

The tourney has become somewhat normal as you have two blue bloods playing each other and several title programs still in it. The K State Loyola game is the first 9-11 matchup in tourney history. The Gators lost to Loyola (thought it to be a bad loss at the time now not so much), FSU, Duke and Texas Tech.
We are at the Final Four and somehow this crazy tourney sorted itself out. Two 1 seeds, a 3 seed and an 11 (only the 4th 11 to make it). No ACC or SEC, as it is Big East, Big 10, Big 12 and MVC.

About the only thing I got right in my bracket was Nova. The Kansas-Duke game was an all timer, the kind of game that makes this tourney. Many of the greatest games ever played are two heavyweights going at it for a chance for the FF.
Before the semis tonight, the ladies deserve a shout out. As you may expect with four #1 seeds, both games went into overtime as Miss St advanced into their second straight title game beating Louisville. The Starkville Dogs still have one of the best nicknamed players in Morgan William aka Itty Bitty.

In the second game, Notre Dame pulled off the shocker beating UConn on a late jumper just like last year (Miss St did it). The Irish have beaten the Huskies more times than any other school in the tourney.
The clock struck midnight for Sister Jean and Loyola as Mo Wagner put on an all time performance for Michigan. Wagner is only the third player to score 20+ with 15+ rebounds in a FF game. The others were Bird and Olajuwon so Wagner may have a nice career ahead of him. In sum, Michigan's talent was too much for the Ramblers.

The second game saw a lights out shooting performance, another record setter for threes, as Villanova got out to a 22-4 lead and easily beat Kansas. Anything close to that on Monday and the Wildcats will win again.
quote:
Originally posted by scbeerman:
The clock struck midnight for Sister Jean and Loyola as Mo Wagner put on an all time performance for Michigan. Wagner is only the third player to score 20+ with 15+ rebounds in a FF game. The others were Bird and Olajuwon so Wagner may have a nice career ahead of him. In sum, Michigan's talent was too much for the Ramblers.

The second game saw a lights out shooting performance, another record setter for threes, as Villanova got out to a 22-4 lead and easily beat Kansas. Anything close to that on Monday and the Wildcats will win again.

Nova will be the first team Michigan plays that was a 5th seed or better. That has never happened to a team before reaching the final game.
Arike Unbowale experienced two lifetime highlights in the same weekend. Not only did she hit a jumper with 1 second left to topple UConn, but she then topped it by knocking down a prayer three pointer from the corner to beat Miss St at the buzzer. Congrats to Notre Dame for winning the title in the most exciting FF ever for the ladies.
Dante Di Vincenzo makes himself a legend with a monster game as Villanova wins its second title in three years. Nova is becoming a blue blood in college hoops and they are doing it without top 10 players. Jay Wright is now at the top of the heap as a college coach.
quote:
Originally posted by scbeerman:
Dante Di Vincenzo makes himself a legend with a monster game as Villanova wins its second title in three years. Nova is becoming a blue blood in college hoops and they are doing it without top 10 players. Jay Wright is now at the top of the heap as a college coach.

I don’t think Wright has ever had a one and done player.

Nova just walked through this tournament, winning all games by double digits. Highly impressive to say the least.
You guys see Di Vincenzo sent out some tweets using racist and homophobic language while he was in high school? Villinova cane out with a statement saying his account had been hacked. When pressed on why it was hacked when he was in high school they retracted the statement.

Good lesson for everyone. Once on the interwebs its there forever.

Add Reply

Likes (0)