Skip to main content

I expect nothing from these low volume offers, then I'm not disappointed when when I get nothing.  It's a bonus if I get any bottles.  Still - the KGBO handling of them BLOWS CHUNKS.  Low volume is one thing, not getting adequate notice is another.  Email notices should go out a week ahead, not at random times the morning of... that's a no brainer - but that would imply some collective brains among those running the program. 

otw posted:

Did someone say that the KGBO sucks?  They are offering the 2008 Ch Montrose for $278 in the September 2018 Classics release.  Fortunately I bought it from them in July 2012 for $97.

Now how is a gov'mint supposed to make a living if they don't raise prices a little from time to time????

Best part is it's exactly the same wine from exactly the same stock that they couldn't sell out at the lower price.  That's one hell of a storage surcharge.

mangiare posted:
silvo10 posted:

anyone know anything about the Cote Rotie being offered?

if you're referring to the Tardieu Laurent, I'm a buyer at that price given the vintage. Don't expect to drink it for 10+ years though. 

yah thats the one. i will try and pick up a few then. 10 years to wait? ugh.

the J.L Chave Crozes-Hermitage 2016 at $30 a bottle sounds reasonably good.

I didn't even log onto the web site until after 5pm.  I feel like what's on offer lately tends to be either eminently missable, or else way over-the-top and overpriced.  What I did buy was nowhere close to being sold out:

2014 Ferrer Bobet Vinyes Velles Priorat

This is intended to keep company with the 2006 that I have in my cellar - which was purchased from a bi-monthly Vintages release for $59 back in November 2012.

I'll try to be more enthusiastic next month...

sunnylea57 posted:

First thing to sell out: the Pearl Morissette Cab Franc.

Surprising. Rarely is an Ontario wine that popular, but I think it's sold out at the winery so there was probably some pent up demand.

I tried it at the winery in the spring, and I've usually not loved their Cab Francs, but I thought this one was awesome. Bought a couple then. I was considering buying more on this release, but was clearly too slow.

winecanuck posted:
sunnylea57 posted:

First thing to sell out: the Pearl Morissette Cab Franc.

Surprising. Rarely is an Ontario wine that popular, but I think it's sold out at the winery so there was probably some pent up demand.

I tried it at the winery in the spring, and I've usually not loved their Cab Francs, but I thought this one was awesome. Bought a couple then. I was considering buying more on this release, but was clearly too slow.

I also bought some at the winery in July - the last bottles they had - and a few more on Thursday.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.