mangiare posted:

HOW the F is it possible that all the Chave is sold out at 8:31????????????????

why bother lcbo? 

I was surprised. Limit of 1 and I saw at least 57 bottles of the red and 52 of the white. 

sunnylea57 posted:

Why wasn't this a lottery? It sure seemed like it would be when it said "Offer closes Sept 6th". Definitely BS.

I thought the same thing, so I wasn't rushing to the computer.  Absurd.  

I expect nothing from these low volume offers, then I'm not disappointed when when I get nothing.  It's a bonus if I get any bottles.  Still - the KGBO handling of them BLOWS CHUNKS.  Low volume is one thing, not getting adequate notice is another.  Email notices should go out a week ahead, not at random times the morning of... that's a no brainer - but that would imply some collective brains among those running the program. 

What do you guys think of the big sales on semwkene  right now at lcbo? Alot of crap but I bought some freemark Abby tonight at $52 a bottle, about $17 off

Did someone say that the KGBO sucks?  They are offering the 2008 Ch Montrose for $278 in the September 2018 Classics release.  Fortunately I bought it from them in July 2012 for $97.

Now how is a gov'mint supposed to make a living if they don't raise prices a little from time to time????

otw posted:

Did someone say that the KGBO sucks?  They are offering the 2008 Ch Montrose for $278 in the September 2018 Classics release.  Fortunately I bought it from them in July 2012 for $97.

Now how is a gov'mint supposed to make a living if they don't raise prices a little from time to time????

Best part is it's exactly the same wine from exactly the same stock that they couldn't sell out at the lower price.  That's one hell of a storage surcharge.

silvo10 posted:

anyone know anything about the Cote Rotie being offered?

if you're referring to the Tardieu Laurent, I'm a buyer at that price given the vintage. Don't expect to drink it for 10+ years though. 

mangiare posted:
silvo10 posted:

anyone know anything about the Cote Rotie being offered?

if you're referring to the Tardieu Laurent, I'm a buyer at that price given the vintage. Don't expect to drink it for 10+ years though. 

yah thats the one. i will try and pick up a few then. 10 years to wait? ugh.

the J.L Chave Crozes-Hermitage 2016 at $30 a bottle sounds reasonably good.

Disappointed that the Gundlerloch has been pulled. Will likely only buy the Krupp Chardonnay. The October will be expensive for me.  Lots to choose from.

duojet posted:

Disappointed that the Gundlerloch has been pulled. Will likely only buy the Krupp Chardonnay. The October will be expensive for me.  Lots to choose from.

Agree re: could be expensive - lots to choose from this month.  First time in a while.

I grabbed these:

2014 Pearl Morissette Cab Franc Cuvée Madeline
2013 Castelgiocondo BdM
2010 Trimbach Riesling Cuvée Frédéric Émile
NV Vilmart & Cie Champagne Brut Grand Cellier 
2006 Charles Heidsieck Champagne Brut Rosé

I missed out on the Trimbach but got some of the Heidsieck too.  And took a flier on the white from Sicily.  Seems like a good risk at $25. 

Last edited by csm

I didn't even log onto the web site until after 5pm.  I feel like what's on offer lately tends to be either eminently missable, or else way over-the-top and overpriced.  What I did buy was nowhere close to being sold out:

2014 Ferrer Bobet Vinyes Velles Priorat

This is intended to keep company with the 2006 that I have in my cellar - which was purchased from a bi-monthly Vintages release for $59 back in November 2012.

I'll try to be more enthusiastic next month...

Not surprised it didn't move quickly. Most people don't know what it is. Considering what you paid for the 2006, the price hasn't ticked up much at all. By contrast, I paid 32.50 Euro in Barcelona. It's a fantastic wine, as we've discussed, and I picked up more today as well.

vinoevelo posted:

almost bought some wine.  bought a new snowboard instead. 

Nice.

I was aiming for some Bouchard Le Corton but didn't get there in time.  Did pick up some Bachelder Wismer, Wingfield Block Chard.

sunnylea57 posted:

First thing to sell out: the Pearl Morissette Cab Franc.

Surprising. Rarely is an Ontario wine that popular, but I think it's sold out at the winery so there was probably some pent up demand.

I tried it at the winery in the spring, and I've usually not loved their Cab Francs, but I thought this one was awesome. Bought a couple then. I was considering buying more on this release, but was clearly too slow.

winecanuck posted:
sunnylea57 posted:

First thing to sell out: the Pearl Morissette Cab Franc.

Surprising. Rarely is an Ontario wine that popular, but I think it's sold out at the winery so there was probably some pent up demand.

I tried it at the winery in the spring, and I've usually not loved their Cab Francs, but I thought this one was awesome. Bought a couple then. I was considering buying more on this release, but was clearly too slow.

I also bought some at the winery in July - the last bottles they had - and a few more on Thursday.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.