Cht. Musar 2014 Rosé

I opened this bottle last night, cork was dry, but not overly.  Aroma was intense oxidation.  Flavor, oxidized. No fruit, acid etc.  So grabbed a second bottle, the same, but this cork crumbled.  Distributor tells me this is drinking fine and Im wrong.  Ive had Musar before and understand style differences, but this is not "terroir" or "wine style" . Any input?  Im told 2014  is their current vintage of rosé.   ??

Original Post

Musar  Rosé is a bit of a rarity. We had a bottle of the 2012 last summer and it was pretty good, light cherry flavour, not very intense. If it had any oxidation notes, I would certainly notice and remember; that would be totally unacceptable.

if you’re sure it’s oxidized— and the poor corks you’ve mentioned would support that— I think you should insist the distributor take them back or replace them with sound bottles.

Welcome to the new, but not improved 😀, WS Forums. Hope you enjoy participating here.

Thank you.  Im just trying to convince myself I am not crazy.  They actually told me "we just poured this at a tasting event and everyone loved it" .  I find it rather odd Id get 2 bad bottles..... They will replace it, but theyve pretty much said Im an idiot.  

Add Reply

Likes (0)