Chicago Tuesday February 5th?

Just found out I will be in Chicago on Tuesday night looking for something to do. Any CWM interested in breaking bread and drinking wine?

I haven't reserved my hotel yet and Hotwire has lots of deals, so can be flexible on location.
Original Post
quote:
Originally posted by thelostverse:
Are you asking for Tuesday or another night? Just curious. Straight BYO or Corkage?

A bit of both I suppose. Just thinking that there are plenty of hotels in that area, and it's a straight shot to O'Hare so wouldn't be inconvenient for steve8 if Tuesday's venue were nearby.

Plus it's good to know since it's not too far from the office either.

BYO is always preferred, but there are so few it seems. I am perfectly comfortable paying corkage fees...I think most places are $20 or less, which is fine with me.

Any venues in mind? Don't get me wrong, Suzette's or Adelle's is great for us- close to home- but not as convenient getting to the O'Hare area as other places, eg Schaumburg, and there are fewer hotels nearby to choose from. Just my $0.02, but if steve8's game for Wheaton, we are definitely available! (But I'd still love to know of any Schaumburg area BYOs you know about)
I'll selfishly throw in a vote for Adelle's, since its fairly close to both home and work for me! We should probably decide on something soon so that Steve8 can pick where he is going to stay. I can check the forums later and take care of a reservation. What time works - would 6 be too early? 6:30 better?

Allred, I agree on needing to gather some BYO info for the Schaumburg area.

It will be nice to meet another Canadian since xhoser has ditched us Chicagoans for warmer locales. Smile
Obviously the Schaumburg area works for me. The only place I know off the top of my head is my favorite Thai place that is actually in Palatine, but only minutes away from Woodfield. It is BYO, and I don't think they even have any stems.

I'll look into others as there are many restaurant options to choose from.

As for Adelle's, they've always treated us well, and I'd be happy to go back Tuesday. 6 PM is tough - 6:30 is better for us as we will be coming from the Woodfield area. Devilish
quote:
Originally posted by billhike:
It will be nice to meet another Canadian since xhoser has ditched us Chicagoans for warmer locales. Smile

You mean meet a Canadian, since Xhoser is no longer a Canadian. He surrendered that status when he moved to Cali. Razz

Adelle's in Wheaton sounds good to me. 6:30 pm is better for me too. I'm scheduled to arrive at 3:00 pm, but winter, air travel and O'Hare usually mean some delay.

If we're going to Wheaton, I would expect Scubarex to come out. I'll have to see if I still have his e-mail address somewhere because I know he doesn't check out the forums so much anymore.

Speaking of e-mail addresses, can someone shoot me an e-mail? Might be a good idea to have some cell numbers in case I have serious flight issues. I have J3's, unless he changed it since we last saw each other, but another one would be good just in case.
quote:
Originally posted by AllRed:

Plus it's good to know since it's not too far from the office either.

BYO is always preferred, but there are so few it seems. I am perfectly comfortable paying corkage fees...I think most places are $20 or less, which is fine with me.

(But I'd still love to know of any Schaumburg area BYOs you know about)

I might be able to make it on Tuesday not sure. But I'd also be interested in knowing about BYO places around Sburg. AllRed - do you ever make it over to RetroBistro in Mt Prospect? Depending on where you are in Sburg it should be pretty easy. I don't know what their corkage is but D&J's (related bistro in Lake Zurich) has recently lowered their corkage to $15 (I *think*).
Reservation is set for 6:30. I made it for 8 people under the assumption that Aphilla may join us. Based on our previous Tuesday outings there, if others chime in and want to join it should not be a problem. I'll keep watching and adjust if necessary. Here is who I have:

billhike
jcubed
steve8
aphilla (maybe)
Allred +1
thelostverse +1
quote:
Originally posted by steve8:
quote:
Originally posted by billhike:

You mean meet a Canadian, since Xhoser is no longer a Canadian. He surrendered that status when he moved to Cali. Razz

Easy there chaps! I'm still as Canadian as back bacon and poutine!

Bill - you know I'd be there if I could but the boss has different plans for me now.

Enjoy all. I will be thinking of you Tuesday night.
quote:
Originally posted by grossie:
Have fun gents- maybe I'll catch you next time around, Steve.

KSC still has some bottles here, as does DoktaP. I'm out in the burbs on Wednesday, don't know if you can/want to figure out a pickup. No matter either way, they're still safe with me!

Grossie, have you changed your e-mail address? I sent you a couple, but got no response.
quote:
Originally posted by aphilla:
AllRed - do you ever make it over to RetroBistro in Mt Prospect?7

I don't get up that way very often, but I'll check it out the next time we do. My office is actually in Elgin, but right at 90 & Randall, so getting to Schaumburg from there is easy.

For Tuesday, we will bring:
2004 Launois Pere et Fils Champagne Special Club
TBD white
1995 Shafer Cabernet Sauvignon Stags Leap District

The 2004 is the current release of Launois so we want to see how it stacks up vs the 2002 to see if we need to buy some for the cellar. I think it will be interesting to try the Shafer next to J3's Les Forts.

Add Reply

Likes (0)