Chicago Friday March 15th

quote:
Originally posted by Vino Me:
Magnums are a good idea for the size of this group. A few mags I am considering:

2000 Château La Nerthe Châteauneuf-du-Pape
2004 Alvaro Palacios Priorat Les Terrasses
2003 Neal Family Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon

VM

In 2007, Lentini and I did a Neal vertical tasting (2001-2004), and the '03 was drinking quite nicely (90+) after a few hours decant. I bet that mag would be singing now even as a pop and pour.
You guys help me chose which magnum to bring:

2007 Flaccianello
2007 DuMol Eddie's Patch Syrah
2005 Beaux Freres Upper Terrace PN
2004 Adrian Fog Oppenlander Vineyard PN
2004 Pax Alder Springs The Terraces Syrah
2004 Robert Foley Claret
2004 Thackrey Orion
2003 Bergstrom Arcus Vyrd PN
2003 Merry Edwards Olivet Lane PN
2003 Togni Estate Cab
2003 Viader Cuvee "V"
2002 Burge Family G3 Red Wine
2002 Red Car Amour Fou PN
2001 Andrew Geoffrey Cab
2000 Armando Parusso Bussia Vigna Munie Barolo
2000 Blankiet Paradise Hills Cab
2000 Robert Foley Claret
1998 Ken Wright Carter Vineyard PN
1996 Arrowood Reserve Speciale Cab
1996 Vineyard 29 Cab
1995 Denis Mugneret NsG Les Saint Georges
1992 Vineyard 29 Cab
1991 Pahlmeyer Red Wine
1989 Bodegas Muga Rioja Gran Reserva
Can't think of a better way to celebrate the passing of my biggest deadline than with a great meal with plenty of friends and good wine!

We're planning on bringing, both in magnum:

1995 Bonneau du Martray Corton Charlemagne
2000 Paul Jaboulet Aîné Hermitage La Chapelle
quote:
Originally posted by Vino Me:
Sad to say that my wife and I will not be able to attend. I was informed that we will be out of town visiting friends that weekend.

Sorry to miss everyone. Have fun.

VM

You're among friends VM, you can be honest. Was it the Chardonnay we're bringing? Big Grin
Mine isn't mag-less, but all my mags are very young, so I won't bring any of those. I am continuing to think about what I plan on bringing. If it helps anyone, I tried to consolidate the list of what everyone is bringing:

1995 Bonneau du Martray Corton Charlemagne (magnum)
2000 Paul Jaboulet Aîné Hermitage La Chapelle (magnum)
1977 Fonseca Vintage Port
1995 Denis Mugneret NsG Les Saint Georges
2001 Feudi di San Gregorio Serpico
2002 Long Shadows Chester Kidder Red (magnum)

Those are just the ones that seemed to be "confirmed". I know VM & IW both had a list of wines they were still choosing from.
IW, during dinner last night with Allred, he said you were looking for a good Mexican restaurant in Chicago. Obviously everyone knows Frontera and Topolobampo, but my wife and I went to a new Michelin Star Mexican restaurant this week. Mexique. It's Mexican food prepared in a French style - I've heard some call it Frexican Big Grin. Can't speak to the service as we went on Tuesday during a monster snow storm when pretty much everyone stayed home. We were literally the only ones in the place, and they closed when we left. There were no waiters, so a busboy was pressed into service. But the food was spectacular.
TLV: More love here for Mexique. Fantastic spot!

But more importantly, there is a GREAT dive bar around the corner called the Chipp Inn. You would love it! Perhaps my favorite drinking establishment in the entire city. Old school neighborhood watering spot. Cool

Cheers,

Otis

Add Reply

Likes (0)