Chicago Area November 26-28?

I think I will bring a bottle of 2003 Chateau VinoMe Vin de Noix The Last Curse (everyone who has tried this wine has survived (barely) to talk about it). Other wines tbd.

tlv- thanks for informing be about wfm. I know wtf means "why the face" but did not know that one.

VM
Well I had a 1961 Petrus that I was going to bring to match with the Cheval Blanc. I bought it a few years ago at an Acker Merrill auction and was guaranteed it had perfect provenance thru an Asian collector living in LA. The glue on the label was starting to fail so I thought, why not. But if there is no Cheval Blanc then I'll put the Petrus away.

VM
quote:
Originally posted by Vino Me:
I'll be coming to dinner by myself.

VM

Famous last words.... Razz

Well what can I say about tonight's offline....?

1. We may never see VM alive again (and not just because of the Chateau VinoMe he opened)
2. The reason hockey is dead? "O Canada" as performed by billhike, xhoser and M/M thelostverse. Truly memorable, and not in the "oh, that's lovely" kind of way...
3. Seriously, about the Chateau VinoMe The Last Curse...those who were brave enough to actually taste it may go blind...

As always, the generosity of those on this forum is beyond reproach. Thanks to all for opening some terrific bottles.
It may have been xhoser's last "official" visit, but hopefully not his last. For those visiting Chicago, please post...we'd like to meet you. For those already in Chicago and lurking, please post, we'd like to get to know you too, and we promise not to haze you with Chateau VinoMe. LOL
I was one of those brave enough to sip some of the Chateau Vino Me. I'm still here and made it to work! As I said last night, it tasted better than it smelled. Smile

Xhoser, thanks for reaching out last year and being the catalyst to a great local group we have. I look forward to seeing you again in the future. Travel safe!
quote:
Originally posted by AllRed:
2. The reason hockey is dead? "O Canada" as performed by billhike, xhoser and M/M thelostverse. Truly memorable, and not in the "oh, that's lovely" kind of way...

You just never know what's going to happen when the wine starts flowing. Big Grin

This was a great evening and xhoser will be missed. It's funny that it took a Canadian via California to get us together more often than was the norm.

Perhaps Vino Bevo can keep things going - any excuse to get together is a good excuse.

Add Reply

Likes (0)