Congratulations Canada!! As of 6 minutes ago, recreational cannabis is legal in all of Canada. You’ve come a long way 👶!

Original Post

Some of us don't think this was necessarily a good idea. I predicted it would be a clusterfuck and it has been so far. Actually more like a cluster-less-fuck. The black market growers must be laughing their asses off at the amateurs.

Well, I'm not happy about the legalization of recreational marijuana as it can lead to serious problems like drug abuse among children. But I'm not against using cannabis in medical purposes as it helps many people to reduce pain, anxiety, stress, various disorders, etc.I'm thinking about trying cannabis for my chronic pain. I've already found out about the best CBD products and, I guess, oil will be the right choice as I don't like the smell of weed. 

Last edited by Francis123
Francis123 posted:

Well, I'm not happy about the legalization of recreational marijuana as it can lead to serious problems like drug abuse among children.

Citation for this made-up "fact"?

The Old Man posted:
Francis123 posted:

Well, I'm not happy about the legalization of recreational marijuana as it can lead to serious problems like drug abuse among children.

Citation for this made-up "fact"?

The problem with these "facts" is that, if any citation gets given, it inevitably will be along the lines of "the majority of cocaine users have also used pot."  But that is like saying the "majority of people at an orgy have kissed someone".  The correlation is to be expected, but it provides no causal link.  I would also ask if, in fact, there has been a significant increase in hard drug use among children in Canada over the past two years attributable to marijuana's legalization.  There have been no such indicator's in the U.S. states where it has become legalized.  

Marijuana can be abused -- used as a crutch to escape the world.  I have known two people who wound up stoned all the time and had to stop entirely in order to get their lives back on track.  But this is a wine board, and the chasm in overall harm, pain, and suffering alcohol causes versus marijuana is immeasurable. 

For the record, I never liked it and I don't use it at all.  It is just that if I had a 16 year old child and I had to choose between the kid smoking cigarettes, drinking alcohol for the effects, or smoking pot, the choice would be a no-brainer.

Actually if anything's there is reduced availability to young people. Now it's a very small decrease including things like child-proof packaging (some even I can't open), clear warnings on government approved packaging, etc. The availability of marijuana has been very easy for decades in California so I really don't think making it available  recreationally really makes much of a difference. Unfortunately many children first try it when an older sibling gives it to them. Or perhaps friends on the playground. It's not right and should be fully prosecuted.

In the late sixties you could find examples of black men being sentenced to 20 years for having two joints in Texas and other judicial horror stories. This was long overdue and should it should finally be taken off the federal controlled drug list.

In 1970 I said it would be legalized in a few years. Never ask me for any stock tips.

Last edited by The Old Man

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.