Skip to main content

quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
No problem but, you're not buying wine from California are you? Wink

Oh yeah, Silveroak, Opus and the likes... (with his Borat's voice)... Naaat Razz
On a serious note, I plan on visiting the German wine Heaven, Dee Vine Wines Cool

So Board-O was saying 38 pounds is a case of wine, so how much does the airline company allow each passenger to have?
quote:
Originally posted by ArieS:
quote:
No problem but, you're not buying wine from California are you? Wink

Oh yeah, Silveroak, Opus and the likes... (with his Borat's voice)... Naaat Razz
On a serious note, I plan on visiting the German wine Heaven, Dee Vine Wines Cool

So Board-O was saying 38 pounds is a case of wine, so how much does the airline company allow each passenger to have?

Typically 50 lbs per checked bag.
quote:
So does that mean I can bring back a 12 bottles styro AND my luggage?
Joe says 50 pounds per checked bag, but how many bag do they allow before charging you extra?

tlily, I'm not interested into shipping it or that's something I could do from my home. It's more about coming back with it.
Some airlines are charging for a second checked bag now.
quote:
So does that mean I can bring back a 12 bottles styro AND my luggage?
Joe says 50 pounds per checked bag, but how many bag do they allow before charging you extra?

tlily, I'm not interested into shipping it or that's something I could do from my home. It's more about coming back with it.

ArieS, it depends on your airline so it's best to call their customer service line before your flight to verify but in general on most airlines you can check 2 bags and carry on 1 bag per flight. Each check bag can weigh up to 50 lbs each. So if you're going to NorCal for a long weekend and can make due with a carry on for all of your clothes then you can check two styrofoam shippers with 12 bottles each as long as each is 50 lbs or less. If you check any more than that each additional bag will cost you a charge, typically $80.00 or even higher. Once again, you need to verify the details with your airline.

Mr Ass, which airline have you flown recently that charged for a second bag? That sucks.
quote:
The hits just keep coming. American Airlines just announced they will start charging $15.00 each way FOR THE FIRST CHECKED BAG. That means if you decide to go anywhere and check two bags each way it'll cost you $80.00 round trip.

They do this while flight attendants bitch about too many carry on bags.

Joe
-----

At theis rate it would be cheaper to drive from Florida to Napa, even with the high price of gas. Maybe AA wants to go out of business. Razz

A will not fly them now at charging me for a bag. Just raise teh fare, and quit the BS-ing about tapping my wallet for everything. Mad
quote:
Originally posted by wineismylife:
The hits just keep coming. American Airlines just announced they will start charging $15.00 each way FOR THE FIRST CHECKED BAG. That means if you decide to go anywhere and check two bags each way it'll cost you $80.00 round trip.

They do this while flight attendants bitch about too many carry on bags. Mad

As you know, I hate flying AA. I wonder how they will work it when we ALL just carry on our bags, they then tell us the bins are full, and they have to check from the plane. How are they going to process everyone's money from the plane?

Grrrr. Mad
quote:

As you know, I hate flying AA. I wonder how they will work it when we ALL just carry on our bags, they then tell us the bins are full, and they have to check from the plane. How are they going to process everyone's money from the plane?

Grrrr. Mad

in this country, everything is done on credit =) ... I have a debt on my home, my car, my gambling, why not on my airline? =)
I am hopeful that the increases in airfares and the increased fees keep some riff raff off of planes. (I just wanted to use 3 words in a row ending with ff).

But, if they charge per bag, then people will start getting supersized bags, and pack one huge bag rather than two regular sized. Then, the airlines will change and charge by weight. First, it will be so much per pound of luggage. This will discourage people from carrying bowling balls with them on planes. Then, they will charge so much per pound of passenger.
Then, I could be in real trouble.
The hits just keep coming...

American is quietly trying to start charging for using your upgrades and miles effective Oct 1st. In addition to all of the other fee based initiatives they've implemented in the past year effective Oct 1st if you try to use your upgrades on any discounted fare (when is the last time anybody here didn't fly on a fare discounted in some way) you'll not only get docked the appropriate number of miles/upgrades from your account you'll also pay a dollar amount as a fee to use them. Domestic is $50.00 per upgrade. It goes up from there. I think long hauls are close to $350.00.
Agreed. I have ZERO loyalty with any airline for at least 5 years now. The only reasons I even fly AA any longer is 1) they are just about the only point to point carrier for the places I fly and 2) I have not burned up all of my miles that keep extending every time I fly. I'm down to maybe 2 business class tickets to anywhere in the world left and once those puppies are gone, kiss my arse.
quote:
FYI...American, the last hold out incredibly enough, has decided to start charging $25.00 for the 2nd checked bag in May. The fee is waived for various things such as if you're flying in first class, paid for a full coach fair, are a gold level or higher advantage member and such.

Effective for tickets purchased after 6/15, there is a $15 per bag charge for the FIRST checked bag. I just paid $75 to check 5 bags with 5 tickets last week and then coming back, paid $100 to check 5 bags plus one case of wine at $25 on AA. Just lovely.
Yep, lost in the shuffle I forgot to post that update. Just lovely. The only thing you hear when you're boarding as every Tom, Dick and Harry is trying to cram everything from full sized Tubas to live lobsters into the overhead bins is the flight attendants b*tching about carry ons they've decided now it's better to charge every passenger for every bag checked.

Numb nuts. Welcome to fee based services.
quote:
Yep, lost in the shuffle I forgot to post that update. Just lovely. The only thing you hear when you're boarding as every Tom, Dick and Harry is trying to cram everything from full sized Tubas to live lobsters into the overhead bins is the flight attendants b*tching about carry ons they've decided now it's better to charge every passenger for every bag checked.

Numb nuts. Welcome to fee based services.

And for all that extra revenue, my wife's bag did not make it to San Fran with the other bags. I would have gladly paid $100 to avoid hearing her (deservedly so) stress out. Luckily, it showed up in the middle of the night (with a call at 1AM to boot) so she was underdressed for one dinner.
quote:
Originally posted by vinole:

Effective for tickets purchased after 6/15, there is a $15 per bag charge for the FIRST checked bag. I just paid $75 to check 5 bags with 5 tickets last week and then coming back, paid $100 to check 5 bags plus one case of wine at $25 on AA. Just lovely.

I got an email from United (my point carrier) this morning. Evidently, they're following AA's lead on this. I thought fuel prices were coming down? Also read recently that some airline (can't remember which) is now charging for pillows and blanket "rental". Roll Eyes
quote:
On a serious note, I plan on visiting the German wine Heaven, Dee Vine Wines

Lucky dog. I was in SF a few weeks ago with the family..we were at Pier 39 and Dee Vine is at Pier 19...never got to goFrown

Probably better as I don't know if I would have had self-control with all of those beautiful Eisweins, BAs & TBAs staring at me.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.