Favorites that will age well: Turley, Martinelli, Rafanelli- also love T-Vine, but not sure how long they'll last-we have not kept any that long...the TVine 98s are drinking great now.
You can get the Hendry Block 7 for low-mid 20s and Block 28 for high 20's in NJ!! We had a 97 Hendry that lost its fruit, so I am not sure how long it will age... may have just been a bad bottle.
mmmguy, I had a few bottles of the 97 Hendry Block 7 and it was terrific. Definitely buy a bottle and see what you think. For what it's worth, WS gave this wine 88 pts. If I recall correctly, I had the 98 Block 7 and it was better than the 85 points that WS gave it. However, I think the 99 is better than either one of them. Here are the tasting notes (Keith Scott: I am not a full access subscriber--this came from my Personal Wine List:

Winery: Hendry Ranch
Wine: 1997 Cabernet Sauvignon Napa Valley Block 8
Score: 88
Dense and leathery, with earth, anise, sage, mineral, black cherry, mint and plummy flavors, turning firm and tannic on the finish. 1,280 cases made.

Winery: Hendry Ranch
Wine: 1998 Zinfandel Napa Valley Block 7
Score: 85
Smooth and polished, with spicy cherry, sandalwood, blackberry and strawberry flavors that are attractive. 1,600 cases made.
Any comments on Sausal Zins. I understand that they have a very good Reserve. Has anyone out there tried it?

Also, Zahtila Vineyards. Do they have a mailing list? I tried to get them on the web but I am having difficulty getting their web site to work here. Probably operator error, but....

The weekend is closing in on us. Everyone please have a great time, enjoy a glass (two, three...) of wine with someone close and be safe so we can visit again next week.

Cheers all! [Big Grin]
I really liked the '99 Cline Fulton Road Zin. $38 or so. Smallish production of 500 cases or so. And I'd second opinions on the Hendry Zins as well. Also heard good things about the De Loach OFS Zin but to be honest I bought some and haven't tried it yet.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.