Bonjour, Montréal: Oct. 1-4

My wife and I will be in your lovely city this October 1 - 4, inclusive. I know that those are all weeknights-- unfortunately, other commitments made these the only dates that could work for us-- but I'm wondering whether anyone might be interested in getting together for a meal and a glass or two. I've always been under the impression that in Montréal  every night is Saturday night.

We're staying at the Intercontinental and I don't intend to be driving, so would prefer somewhere in Old Montreal or downtown, though anywhere we can get there and back by taxi or Uber would be fine.

Plus I got some wine I can bring. 

Original Post

We need to arrange this soon. Wednesday Oct. 3? I'm going to suggest Monsieur B as the place. BYOW of course. Sound OK to you Seaq?

From the e-mail I sent to the locals a couple of weeks ago the attendee list looks like

Seaquam (2)

Steve8 (2)

Vinaigre (1 or 2?)

Uncle John (tentative)

KSC02 (tentative depending on where in the world he is)

Impulse (?)

So I changed the date, but Impulse can't make it after all.   Oh well.

Made a reservation for 8 people at 7:00 pm on Thursday October 4 at Monsieur B Let me know if I need to change the number of people. So far I have

Seaquam (2)

Steve8 (2)

Vinaigre (1)

Uncle John (tentative)

KSC02 (1 or 2?)

The restaurant is French so if we want a wine theme, French would be good.  That really narrows it down.

I always prefer the broader definition of “French” in which it maintains a looser, more global and all-encompassing suggestion of fine dining and universally loved beverages, so unless anyone has any objection, we’ll bring

- 2001 Janasse Châteauneuf V.V.

- 2001 Penfolds Grange

I always like to stay in theme.😜

Thanks for setting this up, Steve. Looking forward to it!

seaquam posted:

I always prefer the broader definition of “French” in which it maintains a looser, more global and all-encompassing suggestion of fine dining and universally loved beverages, so unless anyone has any objection, we’ll bring

- 2001 Janasse Châteauneuf V.V.

- 2001 Penfolds Grange

I always like to stay in theme.😜

Thanks for setting this up, Steve. Looking forward to it!

Grange...is French for barn. In theme. 

mimik posted:

We are also in for 2. I've made the modifications with the restaurant.(from 8 to 10 people)

I'll announce shortly what we are bringing.

What did you do, call the restaurant pretending to be me?

So far the 2001 vintage seems to be the theme so I'll stick with it and bring a 2001 Paolo Scavino, Bric Del Fiasc Barolo. Monsieur B has quite a bit of foie gras on the menu so I want to bring a Sauternes, but since I have no more 01's I'll bring a 2005 Chateau Lafaurie-Peyraguey.

steve8 posted:
mimik posted:

We are also in for 2. I've made the modifications with the restaurant.(from 8 to 10 people)

I'll announce shortly what we are bringing.

What did you do, call the restaurant pretending to be me?

So far the 2001 vintage seems to be the theme so I'll stick with it and bring a 2001 Paolo Scavino, Bric Del Fiasc Barolo. Monsieur B has quite a bit of foie gras on the menu so I want to bring a Sauternes, but since I have no more 01's I'll bring a 2005 Chateau Lafaurie-Peyraguey.

No no. I just added ourselves. I called you again last night but nobody was 🏡 

Add Reply

Likes (0)