Let's have some fun with this one. Hopefully, when everyone is through, we will all have a list of great new places to try. I am not the chef that most are on this board, but one of my passions is eating at great restaurants.
My criteria is simple, list the best restaurants that you visited for the first time in 2005. My list is:
1) Ansons - Charleston, SC great lowcountry cuisine
2) Larkspur - Vail, CO elegant varied menu with great wine list, my first Leonetti there
3) Kali's Court - Baltimore, MD another diverse menu with great seafood offerings
4) Milwaukee Club - Milwaukee, WI private club, had a paired dinner here
5) Picasso - Las Vegas, NV elegant French
6) Bartilottas - Las Vegas, NV new Wynn's resort, I have previous thread on my "lifetime experience" there
7) Lacroix - Philadelphia, PA award winning French cuisne
8) Estia - Philadelphia, PA as good as Greek food (I'm a Greek) in my life
9) Ocean Room Sanctuary - Kiawah Island, SC as good as anywhere in Charleston in an incredible hotel
I was very blessed to be able to go to all of these great places. I would love to get some new suggestions from all of you.