I have been to multiple Angel, Dodger and Laker games this year and I have to say the food at all venues is seriously bad. As a lifetime Dodger fan it’s hard to dis the dodger dog, but honestly I get a better dog at the turn of my local golf course. At this point we usually eat somewhere else before or after the game.

So the question is: do you like the food options provided by your local sports teams? If so what team and what do you like?
Original Post
quote:
Originally posted by PurpleHaze:
The food at Nationals Park is actually quite good. If I want a meal, however, there are many better places to dine. The quality of play has been a little less than good so far.... Frown

PH


I'm hoping their level of play remains consistent throughout the weekend Wink
quote:
Originally posted by jgreen:
DUDE, did you just dis the Dodger dog? There is nothing better than a bud light and a Dodger dog (with ketchup, mustard and lots of onions)....NOTHING! Blasphemy..I am appalled!

what about those bacon wrapped sausages sold at the little push carts? Big Grin

funny story, we'd just left Staples and my buddy and i got one of those dogs... he had a couple beers in him and dropped his dog, right there off Figueroa... he calls 3 second rule and picks it back up Eek even the vendor lady was like, "no! no! i'll give you another one!" and he eats the damn thing... Roll Eyes Red Face
quote:
Originally posted by kumazam:
funny story, we'd just left Staples and my buddy and i got one of those dogs... he had a couple beers in him and dropped his dog, right there off Figueroa... he calls 3 second rule and picks it back up Eek even the vendor lady was like, "no! no! i'll give you another one!" and he eats the damn thing... Roll Eyes Red Face

Great story kumazam. It cracked me up reading it! Big Grin
I second the food at Camden yards, it's pretty good. But, like PH pointed out, there are so many great options nearby we usually just have a beer and a hot dog at the game to hold us over for a late dinner!

Before moving to Baltimore I was a season ticket holder at Comerica Park (Detroit). The food was OK, I've heard it's gotten better.
I've found in my travels that almost any of the new stadiums offer food way better than the old guard (BTW, D'V'D, those garlic fries are killer). My biggest problem is the linking of premium tix pricing to access to special eating areas - where you pay extra just to get into the concourse area to pay again for the special food.

Here on home turf in St Louis, our new stadium has some nice options, but man, they have perfected the art of emptying the wallet - baseball is no longer the cheap sport. Our field level seats are in the $45 range, then parking close is $10-20, and couple weeks ago, three dogs, one nachos, two large beers and two bottled waters came to the high $40s. So, when I take the kids using 4 tix, that would easily be a $300 baseball game if I weren't using work tickets. Kinda depressing when you think about the average joe taking the family to a game.
quote:
Originally posted by Dom'n'Vin'sDad:
Cha-Cha bowls and garlic fries, and on a cold night, you can have some chowder in a sourdough bowl at the best ballpark in the majors....Pac Bell Park....


Totally agree, plus, when I go to a ballpark I'm not expecting fine dining, sometimes the greasy, overcooked food can hit the spot.
quote:
Originally posted by Squirreljam:
I've found in my travels that almost any of the new stadiums offer food way better than the old guard (BTW, D'V'D, those garlic fries are killer). My biggest problem is the linking of premium tix pricing to access to special eating areas - where you pay extra just to get into the concourse area to pay again for the special food.

Here on home turf in St Louis, our new stadium has some nice options, but man, they have perfected the art of emptying the wallet - baseball is no longer the cheap sport. Our field level seats are in the $45 range, then parking close is $10-20, and couple weeks ago, three dogs, one nachos, two large beers and two bottled waters came to the high $40s. So, when I take the kids using 4 tix, that would easily be a $300 baseball game if I weren't using work tickets. Kinda depressing when you think about the average joe taking the family to a game.

Same situation with Mariner Stadium here. They have ATM's all over (for good reason.) There's probably a loan counter, somewhere.
They also have an odd policy: you are allowed to bring in whatever foodstuffs you like to watch the game, but you cannot bring in any liquids, and they will search backpacks & purses for any offending pop or water bottles, ostensibly for "security reasons". They're more aggressive than even TSA on this.
So inside, my son asks to get a hotdog and a coke, and I give him a ten. When he comes back, I ask for my change. He says, "What change?" Roll Eyes
Can't comment on the new Seahawks stadium, as dropping a couple hundred bucks to sit in 40 degree rain for 3 hours (without a fishing rod in my hand) has never appealed to me.
quote:
Originally posted by kumazam:
quote:
Originally posted by jgreen:
DUDE, did you just dis the Dodger dog? There is nothing better than a bud light and a Dodger dog (with ketchup, mustard and lots of onions)....NOTHING! Blasphemy..I am appalled!

what about those bacon wrapped sausages sold at the little push carts? Big Grin

funny story, we'd just left Staples and my buddy and i got one of those dogs... he had a couple beers in him and dropped his dog, right there off Figueroa... he calls 3 second rule and picks it back up Eek even the vendor lady was like, "no! no! i'll give you another one!" and he eats the damn thing... Roll Eyes Red Face


Firstly, what's the big deal about eating a hot dog off the ground. I once at a chicken wing off the parking lot of Qualcomm stadium and it wasn't even mine!! (the people tailgaiting next to us dropped it; I was hungry, and they seemed like clean people....)


Secondly, you say it's hard to dis the Dodger Dog, but that's exactly what you did. Shame on you Mad As Vin Scully used to say of Farmer John franks: "Eastern-most in quality, Western-most in flavor"

Lastly, the Sushi restaurant at Petco Park in San Diego actually has good sushi. The prices are high and the portions small, but the quality was pretty good the 2 times I've been. Plus, you can sit at a table and watch the game with good sight lines. I guess when you consider that a beer at a ball park costs double what it will at a bar down the street, it only makes sense that the sushi at the ball park is twice the price of a regular sushi restaurant down the street.

Go Padres!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
quote:
Originally posted by Wine Joe:

Firstly, what's the big deal about eating a hot dog off the ground. I once at a chicken wing off the parking lot of Qualcomm stadium and it wasn't even mine!! (the people tailgaiting next to us dropped it; I was hungry, and they seemed like clean people....)


They looked clean,it was probably some skanks from SDSU. Smile

Secondly, you say it's hard to dis the Dodger Dog, but that's exactly what you did. Shame on you Mad As Vin Scully used to say of Farmer John franks: "Eastern-most in quality, Western-most in flavor"

Lastly, the Sushi restaurant at Petco Park in San Diego actually has good sushi. The prices are high and the portions small, but the quality was pretty good the 2 times I've been. Plus, you can sit at a table and watch the game with good sight lines. I guess when you consider that a beer at a ball park costs double what it will at a bar down the street, it only makes sense that the sushi at the ball park is twice the price of a regular sushi restaurant down the street.

A hot dog is a must at a game, pickles, jalapeños, pepperoncini and mustard (sauerkraut if they have it). Afterwards, go get a white at Bacchus and an iced shellfish platter at one of their free corkage spots. I am not a sushi man. Wink

Go Padres!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
quote:
Originally posted by Wine Joe:
Firstly, what's the big deal about eating a hot dog off the ground. I once at a chicken wing off the parking lot of Qualcomm stadium and it wasn't even mine!! (the people tailgaiting next to us dropped it; I was hungry, and they seemed like clean people....)


Secondly, you say it's hard to dis the Dodger Dog, but that's exactly what you did. Shame on you Mad As Vin Scully used to say of Farmer John franks: "Eastern-most in quality, Western-most in flavor"

Lastly, the Sushi restaurant at Petco Park in San Diego actually has good sushi. The prices are high and the portions small, but the quality was pretty good the 2 times I've been. Plus, you can sit at a table and watch the game with good sight lines. I guess when you consider that a beer at a ball park costs double what it will at a bar down the street, it only makes sense that the sushi at the ball park is twice the price of a regular sushi restaurant down the street.

Go Padres!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you're obviously not familiar with the area around Staples and downtown LA or you would know what the big deal is about eating a bacon wrapped sausage dropped on a sidewalk on Figueroa... mmmm, crunchy... is that a note of urine im detecting?

and second, i didnt dis the Dodger Dog, the orignal poster did
I realize it was the original poster who dissed the undissable Dodger Dog. It's just too hard to segregate comments.

As a USC grad, I know the area around Figuerora well. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Had it not been for the late night tacos at the mobile Taco trucks/catering trucks, I would have never been in shape to eat the mayonaise laden, fly infested, 2 day old bacon wrapped hot dogs from the Tijuana hot dog carts. If you don't end up in the ER from them, they're really not bad.
quote:
Originally posted by Wine Joe:
...the mayonaise laden, fly infested, 2 day old bacon wrapped hot dogs from the Tijuana hot dog carts. If you don't end up in the ER from them, they're really not bad.

I love those! Big Grin Had a couple several years ago. The wife was sure I was going to die.

Add Reply

Likes (0)
×
×
×
×