Best and Worst of 2018

Worst Movie: Annihilation.  2 out of 10 only because Natalie Portman is in the movie. 

I’ll have to think of Best Movie.

Anyway, I figure I start a thread that gets some activity.  Post whatever topic comes to your mind.

Original Post

Worst hockey story : A friggin expansion team making it to the Finals.  No real league would allow that

Worst movie: only saw 2 and loved them both so can’t sat

Best Movie: Bohemian Rhapsody......been listening to more Queen ever since I saw it

Best Concert: Ghost at the Disney Theater in Orlando.  Nothing like praising Satan in a venue named after Disney 

pinotlvr posted:

Worst hockey story : A friggin expansion team making it to the Finals.  No real league would allow that

Utter nonsense and bullshit - respectfully, of course. 

Desire, work and a sense of brotherhood got them there. The league gave them nothing; players on the ice made it happen. 

DoubleD

I agree about that museum. Visiting the obvious and not obvious museums on our trip is something I will never forget.

Excellent  boutique hotel: La Clef Louvre room 404.  Wonderful service and very large rooms by European standards.  Had a kitchen and was able to cook while in Paris. 😁

IW

italianwino posted:

DoubleD

I agree about that museum. Visiting the obvious and not obvious museums on our trip is something I will never forget.

Excellent  boutique hotel: La Clef Louvre room 404.  Wonderful service and very large rooms by European standards.  Had a kitchen and was able to cook while in Paris. 😁

IW

La Clef Louvre looks great.  I definitely would like to stay in Paris for about a week and take advantage of the local produce and cook a few times.

billhike posted:
pinotlvr posted:

Utter nonsense and bullshit - respectfully, of course. 

Desire, work and a sense of brotherhood got them there. The league gave them nothing; players on the ice made it happen. 

Not exactly - they built their expansion team with special rules created by the league specifically to benefit the Las Vegas team which have never been applied to any other expansion team in a similar manner

Still a very impressive achievement but they had a lot of help

glennk posted:
bomba503 posted:

Best place to exchange wine experiences with WS Forum members now - Facebook

Worst place to exchange wine experiences with WS Forum members now - here

People still use Facebook?  

I've never been on facebook.  So, I'm stuck here.  I am on another listserve with another organization which has nothing to do with food, wine, travel.  But, the powers that run the thing decided a new format would be "better".  It has killed interest in the listserve due to the fact that it is now quite cumbersome for a few different reasons.

The fundamental question is whether a forum like this exists for the hierarchy who establish it, or the lowerarchy that use it. 

irwin posted:
glennk posted:
bomba503 posted:

I've never been on facebook.  So, I'm stuck here. 

Create an account. Use a gmail or yahoo email. You don't have to post anything on your page. But at least you'll be able to access the WS group over there. Here's the group:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/77236910339/

sunnylea57 posted:
irwin posted:
glennk posted:
bomba503 posted:

I've never been on facebook.  So, I'm stuck here. 

Create an account. Use a gmail or yahoo email. You don't have to post anything on your page. But at least you'll be able to access the WS group over there. Here's the group:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/77236910339/

And the good news is your data is very safe and used respectfully. Oh, oh, wait a minute. If you can't trust the boy wonder Mark Zuckerberg with your personal information who can you trust?

Yeah, my WS profile contains as much data as the average Facebook account. Huh? But thanks billy for your concern. Perhaps you might next time address my valid point.

I thought the smart people were leaving FB.

Facebook use declines.

On topic: 2018 best: The year 2018, one of the best years of my life.

2018 worst: The continuing inhabiting of the WH by the slimeball-in-chief.

Nice knee-jerk reaction TOM. Did you actually read my post? All you need for a FB account is a working email address. Doesn’t have to be your primary one. You don’t have to post anything or submit any other data. You submit far more personal info every time you make a purchase from an online retailer. Personally I’d be more concerned about, say, the Marriott data breach than FB .

Of course if you want to make your FB page public and post photos of your vacation as they happen so the world knows your house is ready and waiting for a break-in, that’s your prerogative.

I'll have to think about some choices for Best, but one for the Worst is the revival of the song Africa by Toto. The nauseating song sucked when it was released originally and no amount of time can make me feel nostalgic about it. Nor can covers by current bands even if they do use a comedian on vocals. What's next, revival of some gems from Foreigner?

Best - the funeral of George HW Bush.  We saw our nation at its finest in recognizing the life of a good man who devoted much of his life to public service.  From the music, to the eulogies, to the respect people showed to a former president, I found it very moving.

steve8 posted:

I'll have to think about some choices for Best, but one for the Worst is the revival of the song Africa by Toto. The nauseating song sucked when it was released originally and no amount of time can make me feel nostalgic about it. Nor can covers by current bands even if they do use a comedian on vocals. What's next, revival of some gems from Foreigner?

Please not Foreigner

bomba503 posted:
steve8 posted:

Please not Foreigner

Lot of music released in 2018 that is much more nauseating than Africa or anything by Foreigner.  In fact, I can't even turn on the radio without hearing crap these days

Add Reply

Likes (0)