Ever since I got back from Italy last fall I have become hooked on wine, especially reds. My pithy collection right now is composed of Italian wines, some of which I brought back from Italy and others that I got as X-mas gifts. Specifically, the wines are:
1) Gavi La Scalca (2004) (a white wine)
2) Terre di Bo, Brunello di Montalcino (2000)
3) Apostoli, Vino Nobile di Montepulciano Riserva (2001)
4) Allegrini, Amarone (2000)
5) Argiano, Brunello di Montalcino (1998)
6) Altesino, Brunello di Montalcino (2000)
7) Castello Banfi, Brunello di Montalcino (2000)
The Banfi Brunello and the Vino Nobile are the ones I brought back from Italy. Anyway, my basic questions are:
1) Which are the best wines in my collection? (I did a quick online search and it looks like the Amarone might be the most valuable).
2) Which wines are ready to drink now?
3) Which wines should be left to age and for how long?
4) I have some family visiting this weekend and would like to crack open one of the Brunellos, which one should it be?
5) Any other comments/suggestions.