What temperature do you drink your beers at?  Recently I'm finding I prefer my Belgians closer to cellar temperature than refrigerator temperature.  And even many non-Belgians, given that it is winter and I'm not drinking for any sort of cooling property, I'm finding 45-50F perfectly reasonable.  Am I turning British? 

Original Post

I'm with you Winetarelli, I prefer my beer, depending on style, with a bit more warmth.  Cellar temp is good for me for most beer that I consume.  We did a Sprecher beer dinner at the American Club in Kohler a few years ago, and the brew master monitored the beers all evening with a thermometer, and wouldn't allow any to be served until they came up to the proper temp in his opinion. 

Good Belgian style beer, and most highly hopped beers show better for me in the 45-55 degree range.  If I have to drink a mass market lager style beer, the closer to freezing the better.

PH

I determined long ago, in the case of pilsners and lagers, that the perfect drinking temperature was 34°. At least to my taste.

mneeley490 posted:

I determined long ago, in the case of pilsners and lagers, that the perfect drinking temperature was 34°. At least to my taste.

There is something special about a 32.1 F Pilsner Urquell to me, for sure. But I’m drinking a low, maybe now mid, 50s Allagash Tripel as I type this, and it is great to my taste. 

winetarelli posted:
mneeley490 posted:

There is something special about a 32.1 F Pilsner Urquell to me, for sure. But I’m drinking a low, maybe now mid, 50s Allagash Tripel as I type this, and it is great to my taste. 

Similarly: NZ Sauvignon Blanc - 37 degrees. Didier Daguenau - 50 degrees. 

winetarelli posted:
mneeley490 posted:

But I’m drinking a low, maybe now mid, 50s Allagash Tripel as I type this, and it is great to my taste. 

Allagash Tripel is an excellent beer and I think mid 50's is the perfect temp. 

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.