hello. i'm hoping someone here can shed some light on this problem: my sister gets a violent, food poisoning-like reaction to some red wines. symptoms include vomiting, diarrhea, chills, and a red flush on her face. But it only seems to happen when she drinks French wine; the last time it was a French wine with an alcohol content of nearly 15 percent. she lives in italy and drinks chianti and other italian wines with no problem, but did have the reaction once after some homemade red wine in sardegna. she never drinks white.
anyone have any ideas, or a thought on where i might find more information? i was thinking maybe there's some difference in how the wine is processed, or the grapes, but i really don't know much about it. any thoughts would be appreciated!