2018 Domaine Lafond, Tavel, Roc-Épine

Simple strawberry juice and a little too sweet.

2018 Domaine La Suffrene, Bandol, Rosé

Much better. The real deal, as usual for this producer. Strawberry, peach, floral and dry.

2016 CARM, Douro, Maria de Lourdes, Branco

2017 Joel Delaunay, Touraine, Chenonceaux, La Voute

The CARM was delicious. The Delaunay is a solid sauvignon blanc.

2013 Lapierre Morgon

2013 Foillard Morgon

The foillard was the more delicate expression but both were excellent.  They shared a nice sappiness to the fruit without any weight.

2014 Dirty & Rowdy familar.  These keep putting on weight with age surprisingly.  Lots of pomegranate against earthy mourvedre notes.

All great with BGE chicken.

2015 Kirkland Chianti Classico Riserva - picked up a bottle at Costco for $8.49, just for the fun of it.  A bit lacking in fruit, but no discernible flaws.  Just as good as most chianti that cost twice as much.  Wish I could have tried it with a pizza.

Rothko posted:

2015 Kirkland Chianti Classico Riserva - picked up a bottle at Costco for $8.49, just for the fun of it.  A bit lacking in fruit, but no discernible flaws.  Just as good as most chianti that cost twice as much.  Wish I could have tried it with a pizza.

Should've pulled the cork in the parking lot and grabbed a slice for a buck fifty

bomba503 posted:
Rothko posted:

Should've pulled the cork in the parking lot and grabbed a slice for a buck fifty

You are correct, sir.

NV Leclerc-Briant, Champagne, Brut Reserve

Too much apple for my taste. In fact, I think liked the sparkler from Luxembourg (Massard) we had afterwards better. At one-third the price.

2014 Quinta do Romaneira, Douro, Reserva

Very tasty and should improve. Damn good QPR.

steve8 posted:

NV Leclerc-Briant, Champagne, Brut Reserve

Too much apple for my taste. In fact, I think liked the sparkler from Luxembourg (Massard) we had afterwards better. At one-third the price.

Damn. I hope I have different tastes in champagne than you do.

2005 Erna Schein  Cabernet Sauvignon The Cemetary

Pretty good as long as you are drinking it with a piece of charred meat.  Dense bitter chocolate/cocoa, dried fruit, earthy with distinct sage notes.  Reminds me of other Behrens Family wines I have had.

2012 Neal Family Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon

A young’un but surprisingly approachable with a PnP. Tannins are present but soft and dusty. No obvious oak. Good acidity. Concentrated (but not ripe or cloying) dark cherry and black fruit, plus mint and some eucalyptus on both the nose and palate. Good stuff.

At the lake: 

2014 Beaucastel Blanc, very nice, has put on some weight since release

1967 Dr. Perrin Barolo, good but a bit oxidized

2000 Clos du L'Oratoire, drinking nicely but a bit raisiny, not likely to improve imo

1971 Rossello Barolo - delightful.  Good red in the colour with brick, some red fruit along with classic tertiary notes.

Paul Dethune NV Rose Champagne - older bottle, showing a bit of oxidation. Good, not great.

2015 Clos de la Roilette Fleurie - big for a Fleurie and very primary dark berry fruit.  Needs time. 

Add Reply

Likes (0)