Skip to main content

2017 Kirkland Siganature Oakville Cabernet Sauvignon. My daughter picked up some cellar defenders (well actually a Vintage Keeper 220 that is miraculously still working after 20 years) for me while making a Costco run for us both. She does not know wine and I just said red and under $20. I believe this is supposed to emulate Robert Mondavi's Oakville, but I can only say I liked this better than the few of those I've tried. Very nice.

@vint posted:

2012 Keermont Syrah from Stellenbosch, South Africa.  Leans very much in the direction of northern Rhone with smoke, pepper and meat as opposed to a jammier new world style.  Loved it.  

I just remembered you had asked me about the 2014 version of this I had a couple of weeks ago. Sorry for not responding, but glad you enjoyed it. I've had the 2012 before and it's better than the 14 imo, which could be due to the former being a stronger vintage for Stellenbosch in general.

I still have a single bottle of their Topside single vineyard syrah from 2014 which I've never had before. If we're able to get together sometime in the not too distant future I'll open it with you.

2011Remoissenet Givry 'le prefere du Roi Henry IV' blanc - still drinking well, developing a more honeyed/hazelnut profile.  Great QPR.  Drinks like village meursault.

2014 Ventisquero chardonnay Tara - wow. Outstanding layered chard with electric acidity.  Hands down WOTN for everyone.  Better with grilled fish than the givry.

2015 Joan D'Anguera La Planella - cant keep my hands off of these

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.