ProSys posted:

Finally recovered from a debaucherous Friday.........

MV Krug 160eme
1970 Ch Palmer (mag)
1982 Ch L’Evangile
1982 Ch Montrose (double mag)
1989 Ch L’Evangile (double mag)
1989 Ch D’Yquem
1990 Hubert Lignier MSD (mag)
1990 Mongeard-Mugneret V-R (mag)
1992 Groth Reserve
1993 Confurion Clos Vougeot (mag)
1997 Ch Duhart Milon (mag)
2001 JJ Prum Goldkapsel
2004 Ch Lafite Rothschild
2007 Bond Matriarch
2009 Bouchard Corton Charlie (mag)
2009 Gaja SSL Langhe
2013 Ceritas Porter Bass Vineyard Sonoma Coast chard
2016 A. Clape Cornas (mag)
Hibiki 30 year
1995 Glendronach 19 year single cask

Wow!  Can I ask how a lineup of trophies like that came about?  

vint posted:
ProSys posted:

Finally recovered from a debaucherous Friday.........

MV Krug 160eme
1970 Ch Palmer (mag)
1982 Ch L’Evangile
1982 Ch Montrose (double mag)
1989 Ch L’Evangile (double mag)
1989 Ch D’Yquem
1990 Hubert Lignier MSD (mag)
1990 Mongeard-Mugneret V-R (mag)
1992 Groth Reserve
1993 Confurion Clos Vougeot (mag)
1997 Ch Duhart Milon (mag)
2001 JJ Prum Goldkapsel
2004 Ch Lafite Rothschild
2007 Bond Matriarch
2009 Bouchard Corton Charlie (mag)
2009 Gaja SSL Langhe
2013 Ceritas Porter Bass Vineyard Sonoma Coast chard
2016 A. Clape Cornas (mag)
Hibiki 30 year
1995 Glendronach 19 year single cask

Wow!  Can I ask how a lineup of trophies like that came about?  

Lucky to have a friend that organized an A5 Hokkaido Strip loin multi-course lunch for the private social club he’s a member of, and was invited as one of his guests.  They do a Friday lunch where members and guests bring in wines, but this was a bigger “to do” than usual, and everyone knew it was an opportunity to dig out some special occasion category bottles.  Fun times, to say the least.......

Bytown Rick posted:
sunnylea57 posted:
steve8 posted:
Bytown Rick posted:
steve8 posted:

2015 Poggerino, Chianti Classico

Hi Steve.  I see you have been buying and drinking a number of 2015 Chiantis.  Any particular favourites?

Poggerino, Volpaia and Fonterutoli are all excellent. Probably too late for the latter as the SAQ has the 2016 on the shelves. Note that my comments are only for the normales. Haven't tried many of the Riservas or Gran Selezion's  yet.

On a related note, you might also want to try the 2015 Querce Bettina Rosso di Montalcino.

I may be biased, but I love the Poggio Scalette CC, and the 2015 is the best vintage I’ve tried.

Thanks guys.  The Nipozzano Chianti Rufina Riserva has been our go to wine for pasta and pizza for many years, with some Castello di Ama, Isole E Olena and Volpaia in the mix when something better is desired.  We eat a lot of Italian wine friendly food, and are always on the lookout for wines to match.

I'm still hoping the importer here will bring in the 2015 Poggio Scalette CC but I'm losing faith.

Rick, you may have already tried one but I did have the 2015 version of the Nipozzano Chianti Rufina. Unsurprisingly solid, just not as good as the others I mentioned.

2012 Pavelot Savigny les Baune 1er la Dominode,  opened it on the weekend.  Bigger, fuller than I expected and very balanced, drinking well despite being very primary.  Finished it last night - even better.  Last glass was wonderful.  Will leave remaining bottles for a few years.  

Add Reply

Likes (0)